0.2

"You can coax the cold right out of me,
Drape me in your warmth,
The rapture in the dark puts me at ease,
The blind eye of the storm,
Let's go for a walk down Easy Street,
Where you can be reborn."

Troye sighed, running a hand through his hair as he closed his notebook of songs. He looked around the park and saw that barely anyone was there. So, he took out his lighter and his pack of cigarettes. He put one of them into his mouth and cupped his hand around it, lighting the cigarette.

This was when he would let the cigarette just dangle in his mouth and watch everything around him. He stood up from the bench, deciding to keep smoking as he made his way back to his apartment while he still had his notebook in his hand.

Troye pulled up his fingerless gloves higher to where they placed on his wrists as he started walking down the sidewalk to go home. The twenty year old boy lived with his best friend, Bless, who was always at his parent's house so they could do his laundry since he didn't know how and refused to learn.

The pale boy walked past a restaurant where he saw two boys through the windows throwing food at each. He chuckled softly at how childish they were and continued walking. His apartment wasn't that far from the park so he didn't mind walking. Also, he liked walking. It cleared his mind.

Troye was some what a poet, but he felt more like a songwriter. He would turn his poems into song lyrics and he liked the music he would make behind the beautiful words he created. It was crazy how he could think of such words and play a note on his piano and write a whole song.

Some nights Troye would sing at a small club down town. It was kind of like his job and his friend, Phil, also worked there but the twenty eight year old was a bartender. Troye would sing his own music and dance around with the microphone while two other men played instruments behind him. They liked Troye since the pale boy taught them all of his songs and always have them credit at the end of the night.

After a couple of minutes, he arrived at his apartment building. Troye threw his cigarette out of his mouth and stomped his foot over it. Then he bent down and walked to the nearest trash can to throw it away. He walked inside and walked up the stairs instead of riding in the elevator since he didn't like being still. Where his apartment was wasn't that high up so it didn't bother him.

Once he made it, he took his keys out of his pocket and unlocked the apartment door. He noticed that Bless' shoes were on the floor next to the door. Sighing, Troye picked them up and made his way to Bless' room. He knocked on the door and waited for Bless' come in.

When he opened the door, Troye saw Bless sitting on his bed and the bed covered with papers and pens. Troye threw the brown haired boy's shoes next to the bed and told him to stop leaving them on the floor by the door because he always trips over them.

"Hey, Troye? Do you think — Do you think you could um, read me one of your songs to calm me down? I'm really stressed and I know you write more." Bless asked, stress taking over his voice. It sounded so weak and so lost. Troye felt bad.

"Of course. I'll read what I wrote today when I was at the park." Troye replied, taking off his coat and setting it next on Bless' bed after he sat down. Bless moved his papers to the side and rested his head in Troye's lap with a sigh. Troye opened his notebook and glanced at Bless before reading. "You can coax the cold right out of me, drape me in your warmth, the rapture in the dark puts me at ease. The blind eye of the storm, let's go for a walk down Easy Street, where you can be reborn."

"Wow, is that the one you started writing last night about your first time in a gay club? That's amazing." Bless rambled, sitting up from Troye's lap and crossed his legs under himself.

"Thanks, Bless, and yeah. I like to share them with you. I'm glad they calm you down, they calm me down. Finish studying for whatever and I'll order us Chinese because I don't feel like cooking." Troye smiled, patting Bless' thigh before getting off his bed and he grabbed his coat.

Troye walked out of Bless' room and closed the door behind him. He hung up his jacket on the coat rack and took his shoes off before throwing them in his room. The pale boy placed his notebook on his desk and ran a hand through his curls.

He made his way to the kitchen since he left his phone on the counter. The pale boy grabbed it and went to the fridge since they kept a list of take out food places they could order from hanging on it by a magnet. His finger gazed over the names till it landed on the regular Chinese take out place they always order from.

While he order what he and Bless wanted, Troye grabbed a mug from the cabinet and turned on his Keurig. He grabbed a tea pouch and put in in the mug while letting hot water fill his mug once he put it under the Keurig. He sat on the counter while he waited for their food to get there.

Bless came out of his room when the doorbell rang thirty minutes later. He took out his wallet and paid for their food and Troye held onto the bag as Bless signed the receipt. Troye took the bag into the kitchen and set it on the counter and began to take all of it out.

"Thanks for paying, even though I was going to." Troye chuckled, grabbing forks from the drawer and handing one to Bless.

"It was my turn, but you are welcome my friend. Oh, I got a call from Charlie today. He was asking how you were and if you wanted to get coffee with him since you weren't answering his calls." Bless informed, grabbing his container of food from the bag and walking to the couch.

"Ugh, if I ignore his calls he should know that I don't want to have coffee with him or even talk to him." Troye groaned, grabbing his mug and food before following Bless to the couch and sitting on the other side than the brown haired boy.

"I know, I'm sorry. I didn't say you would. Why does he still think that you're going to go out with him again after what he did?" Bless asked as he took a bite of his food and crossed his legs.

"I have no clue. I never want to see him. He's an asshole and he needs to leave me alone. I'm probably going to have to call him and tell him that." Troye shook his head, setting his mug on the side table beside the couch and putting his food in his lap.

Both boys stayed silent after that, it wasn't an awkward silence or filled with tension. It was the kind where they had no idea what to say next. So, Bless grabbed the remote and turned on the TV. He put on both boy's favorite show that they watch together every week. American Horror Story.

Troye and Connor meet in the next chapter!

Let me know your thoughts :)

VOTE | COMMENT | SHARE