1.3

Connor looked at himself once last time in the mirror before he told Dan goodbye and made his way out of his apartment, not forgetting to grab his wallet in the process. Instead of walking all the way to Troye's apartment building, Connor decided to call a cab to drop him off. The green eyed boy did not feel like walking around all day.

It was a beautiful Sunday morning, the sun was shining but the clouds were covering it and it was still pretty chilly outside. Connor loved these kinds of days, even know he also loved rain. He sometimes liked the sun unlike some people who praise rain. He was just glad that it hasn't snowed yet since it snowed so much where he used to live.

Just before he knew it, the cab pulled in front of Troye's apartment building. Connor texted Troye that he was there since he couldn't actually go up to the pale boy's place. Connor paid the cab and it drove away quickly after. The place where he has brunch almost every Sunday was closer to Troye's place than his own so he thought that they could walk.

After a couple of minutes, Troye came out of the building with a pink sweater, all black Nike shoes, and a grey beanie. He looked very soft and cuddly in Connor's opinion but he shook the thought away and smiled at the taller boy came walking his way. "Hey, are you ready?"

Nodding, Troye shoved his hands into his jean pockets and the two began walking to the place Connor was talking about. The pale boy looked over to Connor as they walked, immediately feeling something in his stomach but he ignored it. "So, what are we going to do after we ate? I did not get this cute to just eat. We better walk around the park or something."

Connor laughed loudly, throwing his head back and the statement. "We can do that. I was kind of hoping since we always walk around the park after doing something and sometimes its all we do when we're together."

Troye chuckled in agreement as he took his hands out of his pockets and let them swing back and forth by his sides. The pale boy looked down at the ground, watching his feet move in sync with Connor's. Their hands then suddenly brushed past each other, making the two look at them and retrieve them. Connor shoved both hands into his coat pockets as Troye wrapped them around himself.

Both boys were quiet for the rest of the walk. Connor led Troye inside of the restaurant, the green eyed boy talking to the host about getting a table. They both sat down at the table which was outside and in the very corner. Troye frowned a little, wishing that they could be inside since being outside for a long period of time makes him crave a cigarette.

As the two looked at the menu, they would both occasionally glance at each other. Why was this so awkward? Was their hands brushing past each other such a dramatic thing between two friends? Connor bounced his knee, looking up and ordering his drink and food to the waitress who was standing beside their table.

When it was Troye's turn to order, he was very lost since he has never heard of anything on the menu. He glanced at Connor for help and the green eyed boy said to just make a second of what he was having. After the waitress left, Troye let out the breath he didn't know he was holding in out with wide eyes. "That was awful."

Connor chuckled lightly, giving the pale boy a smile which some how made Troye's stomach do flips for what seemed like the thousandth time that day. He wasn't used to this feeling and he had no idea why it was happening or what it even was. This was all just so confusing and he just wanted to figure out what was wrong with him.

Whenever Troye got lost in his thoughts, he would start lightly kicking his legs, which was what he was doing at the moment. He was zoned out, staring at the salt and pepper shakers and kicking his legs underneath the table. Suddenly, he heard a groan and he looked up to see Connor rubbing his calf with a small expression of pain showed on his face. "Oh my god, I am so sorry."

The green eyed boy waved his hand in dismissal, sitting back up in his seat as he looked at Troye with a small smile. "Don't worry about it, Tro. It's okay. What were you thinking about?"

Troye shrugged his shoulders. "I don't even know." He then gasped when feeling something go up and down his leg. The pale boy looked under the table, his eyes widening when seeing that it was indeed Connor's foot. Troye glanced up and saw that the green eyed boy was acting like he wasn't doing anything.

Connor tapped his fingers on the table, continuing to rub his foot up ask down Troye's leg. He looked around the restaurant, trying to think of something to talk about since both boys have been silent for the past five minutes. He sighed, putting his chin in the palm of his hand.

Suddenly, he felt his chair forcefully bringing him closer to the table. He gasped when his stomach hit the edge, looking down and seeing Troye's foot wrapped around the leg of his chair which he pulled closer to the table. Connor watched as the pale boy wigged his eyebrows at him which made him chuckle and blush.

It was about an hour later and the two boys were walking around the park like they always did. Troye was tapping the side of his thigh as they walked, glancing around as if he was nervous which made Connor curious. The green eyed boy suggested that they sit down on the bench.

"Are you okay?" Connor asked, raising an eyebrow as he turned his head over to the boy next to him. He let his hands fall into his lap, clasping them together as they waited for Troye to respond.

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine — I'm kind of — never mind, I'm okay." Troye stuttered, fiddling with something in his jean pocket. Connor was confused for a moment until he realized what the pale boy wanted.

"Go ahead, it's okay." Connor spoke, crossing one leg over the other. He knew that a smoker couldn't just stop in one day, it took time. Maybe one day he can help Troye stop but he knew that the pale boy really needed one so he would let it slide.

"Are you sure? I don't want to make you uncomfortable." Troye asked, beginning to take out the pack of cigarettes and his lighter that he brought everywhere he went. When he saw Connor nod his head, Troye took a cigarette out of the pack and put it in his mouth, letting it dangle between his lips. He cupped his hand around it and let his other light the cigarette, it was a routine, it was normal. Once it was lite, Troye sighed happily and held it between his fingers and leaned back into the bench.

"Can I — Um, can I try?" Connor shyly asked, avoiding Troye's eyes as he fiddled with his fingers. He never liked smoking, he hated when anyone he knew did it but all the way in the back of his mind, he's always wanted to try it. Troye nodded, taking the cigarette out of his mouth and slowly handing it to Connor. Nervously, Connor took it and brought it to his lips and breathed in, immediately choking after.

"It's not for everyone." Troye chuckled, patting Connor's back and leaning into the older boy. He watched as Connor say back up with the cigarette in his mouth and between his fingers. Troye rose an eyebrow. "And I guess you are not one of those people."

"People used to smoke loads back in high school, including my friends and I've watched them. I just have never tried it myself." Connor explained, handing it back to Troye with a small smile on his face. There was a small silence after that.

"Are you free this Saturday?" Troye asked out of the blue, turning his body so he was facing Connor. He still had the cigarette between his fingers as he spoke. "I wanted to know if you wanted to um — there's an art museum not that far from here and I — damn it, Connor. I'm asking if you want to go on a date with me."

"I would love to." Connor answered immediately with a smile appearing on his lips. He took the cigarette from Troye's long fingers and brought it to hips lips once again. As he smoked, he watched Troye smile at him.

ARE YOU DOWN FOR SOME OF THESE MILK AND COOKIES? Sorry, I'm listening to Christmas music while writing and it's great. Don't judge me.

Anyway, what do you guys think of this story so far? I have so many plans for it and it's actually one of my favorites that I've ever written.

Let me know your thoughts :)

VOTE | COMMENT | SHARE