Chapter - 46

-Emily-

5 years later.

"Again thank you so much for doing this, it really means a lot."

"It's just an internship, don't get too excited yet."

"I'm still very thankful an-"

"Yes, I know. Be here tomorrow at 7:30 A.M, coffee and the paper on my desk before 8:00."

"Yes ma'am, have a good day." I smiled.

"You too, Miss Ford."

I walked out of my new boss' office, waving at Alexia the receptionist.

"Did you get the internship?" She asked, grinning at me warmly.

"Yeah! See you tomorrow morning!" I chirped.

"Yay! See you tomorrow, Emily."

I waited for the elevator, walking in and watching the doors close. I did a small squeal and a happy dance.

When I reached the lobby, I waved at the door man and walked outside to catch a cab. As I was waiting for the cab, I looked up at the building across the street. Apparently since the boss of New York City Enterprise has retired, he hired a young man, around 26, to take over his company. 

Everyone has been talking about him, saying he is like a mysterious, sexy business man. I haven't seen him or heard his name, but I honestly think it's insane to let a 26 year old man to take over a huge company.

I payed the taxi driver, grabbing my purse as I walked to my apartment complex. Since the apartments in New York are nicer than some houses, I thought i'd settle for one of them.

"Hello Daniel." I greeted my neighbour.

"Evening Miss Ford, get the job?" He asked.

"Yes I did!" I replied, rather excitedly.

"Wow, congratulations. Here is your mail from earlier." He said, handing me some envelopes.

I took my mail and went to the elevator, pressing the pent house button.

I walked out and went to my door, searching for my keys in my purse while trying to hold onto my mail. 

I unlocked the door, tossing my keys and purse onto my coffee table, walking through the long hall and into the living room.

I plopped onto my couch, looking through my mail, "Bill...Bill...Pay check...Post Card...Invitation?"

My eyes scanned the post car, seeing it's from Madison - it read,

Hola from Spain! Jack and I are on holiday in Spain and we saw this cute ass post card so we thought we'd send you something! Hope everything is going well in the Big Apple. Talk to you soon - Madison and Jack xx Love you.

I smile walking up and putting the post card onto my fridge, along with all the other things people have sent me. I went back to the couch, opening what looks like an invitation.

I dismiss it, throwing it onto the coffee table. 

Who new that I would've come this far?

I went into my bedroom and slipped off my dress and heels, placing them into the closet before putting on my white Calvin Klein t-shirt and matching bottoms.

I hopped into bed, seeing that its already 8:30 and I know I should go to bed early; preparing myself for tomorrow. I set my alarm and climbed into bed, wishing that everything goes smoothly tomorrow.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

WHEY, looks like you've reached the end of 'desire'. 

idk if i'm gonna make a sequel dudes, BUT KEEP HOPING

follow me here - @hollistergal124 for daily and free cookies ;)