Chapter - 36

-Emily-

After a long night of eating the most exquisite food and drinking sharp wine, which I did not like at all because alcohol is just ew, we decided to head home. My mom was in her car with Auntie Ford and I was in my car with Cameron.

"So, how did you get here and set up this whole thing?" I asked, as I entered the drivers seat of my car.

"Well, your mom rang me up and we just went from there." He replied, chuckling as it sounded like he didn't know how to word it. "First, she was telling me the plan of how you get to the bottom of the box and then read the note. Next, she told me where to hide. Then she told me when to surprise you."

"So about you coming up behind me and hugging. Was that apart of the plan?" I asked, giggling at the thought of my mom being so organised.

"Nope." He simply replied. I looked at him as I reversed out of the parking space then starting down the road. As I placed my hand on the gear stick and put it into gear one, Cameron's hand rested on top of mine.

"Why did you decide do it then?" I questioned, still chuckling but this time for no reason.

"Because I like hugging you." He answered, smiling. I giggled at his remark.

*****************

We pulled up outside my house and I remembered my mom was still staying at my Aunties for a while until she gets better. After getting out of the car, I looked at Cameron from above and across the vehicle and saw that he wouldn't look at me and had a devious grin on his face.

I looked at him confused as I opened the door to my hous-

"SURPRISE!" Everyone yelled. I jumped and literally fell to the ground, hitting my butt on the floor. I chuckled at everyone as they came over to me and pulled me up. I glanced around to see Madison, Aaron, Taylor, Jacob, Jack G, Jack J, Nash and Matt.

"Guys!" I squealed, pulling all of them into a tight hug, showing my appreciation.

After the massive group hug we had, without Cameron, I introduced myself to Jacob.

"Hey, you must be Jacob." I smiled.

"Yep, and you must be Emily." He replied chuckling, somewhat mimicking my words, which made me giggle.

Madison brought in a large chocolate birthday cake that had my name written on it.

"Happy birthday Emily." She smiled, letting me blow out the candles, which then a serious of cheers followed afterwards.

"Thank you so much!" I smiled.

"Happy birthday." Aaron said, flinging his arm around my shoulder making me chuckle.

"Thanks Aaron." I laughed. He looked at me and did a really funny smile, making me chuckle once again.

"The time is exactly 10:47pm, what should we do?" Taylor asked everyone.

"I think we should let birthday girl decide." Cameron stated. I turned to look at him, which he then gave me a quick wink, making me giggle. Aaron removed me from his grasp.

"Yeah, what do you want to do Em?" Jack G asked as he sat down at a kitchen stool.

"...Sleep." I replied, making everyone else laugh.

"What about a game of would you rather?" Jack G suggested, as he put his arm around Madison.

"...Or we could play truth or dare." Madison stated as she started poking Jack G's cheeks.

"I'm up for that." I mentioned as everyone else nodded in agreement.

They all followed me into the living room, where we then all sat down in a circle on the floor. Aaron was to the left of me and Cameron was to the right.

"Who's going first?" Matt asked, slapping his hands on his thighs.

"I will!" Nash exclaimed, rather excitedly. We all nodded. "Okayyyy..." He paused as he thought of someone to pick on. "Because its Emily's birthday I'm not going to pick on her straight away. So, Jacob." 

"UUUGGHHHH!" Jacob grunted with a smile on his face, seeming annoyed but excited.

"Truth or dare?" Nash asked as a sly smirk crept upon his face.

"None." Jacob said, making us all laugh.

"C'mon, truth or dare?" 

"Truth." 

"Jacob you're such a wimp." Cameron butted in, making the others and I laugh.

"Who, out of us, is your favourite person and why?" Nash questioned. receiving 'oooh's' from all of us.

"Ummm..." Jacob hummed. "Probably Aaron because he is like ma brother from another mother." 

We all laughed at his answer. "Okay, Cameron. Truth or Dare?" Jacob asked in a rather funny voice as he raised his eyebrows.

"Dare." 

"I dare you to kiss Emily." 

"What." Cameron said, rather quickly as his face seared bright scarlet. Me on the other hand was turning fucking blue. Sorry, but I'm not doing tha-

Jacob chuckled interrupting my thoughts. "I'm only kidding guys..."