Chapter - 9

-Emily-

"Hey, Cam!" I yelled from my window, smiling at him in his car.

"Hey, gorgeous!" He shouted back, laughing; making me laugh too.

"I'll be down in a sec." I stated. I closed my bedroom window and hurried downstairs so that I could go to Cameron's.

"Bye, mom." I said, pulling her into a hug.

"Bye, honey. Have fun." She replied, pecking me on the cheek. "Don't get into trouble."

I laughed. "I won't."

I walked outside of my house, locking the door behind me, happy to see Cameron in his car, waiting for me whilst smiling.

"Hello again." I laughed, getting into the passenger seat of his car. he chuckled too.

"Hi" He started. I noticed he didn't seem 'right'. "we're going to stop at Target or something to get some snacks." 

I nodded in agreement. A silence filled the car as we drove down the road.

************

"Its my favourite dog!" I stated happily; being greeted by Jaxx, once again. I took off my big, grey coat and placed my backpack by the door, I wasn't a handbag sort of girl, then continued stroking Jaxx.

Cameron walked in, not happy and smiley like he usually was, he looked like something was bugging him. My natural instinct was to say 'are you okay' but, would I seem too nosey?

I hated seeing him upset.

He put the snacks we had bought from Target in the kitchen counter. 

"Cam, are you alright?" I asked, walking away from Jaxx and stood closely next to Cameron. He didnt say anything for a moment.

"I jus-" 

There was a knock at the door.

"Hide." Cameron quickly whispered.

"Cameron, whats going o-"

"Go." He demanded.

Without questioning him, I ran to the corner of the living room where there was a small box. I managed to cram myself inside of it before pulling the lid on top of me. 

I heard Cameron open the door.

"Hey Cammy-poo!" I heard a girl squeal as she jumped into his arms. Pfftt, Cammy-poo? Is this girl like 5?

"Hi Hayley." Cameron spoke, completely opposite to how he would greet me.

"How's my amazing boyfriend?" Hayley spoke joyfully. This must be Cameron's girlfriend.

"I'm fine, why are you here?" He asked confused.

"Am I not allowed to see you?" She asked, sounding offended from what Cameron had said.

"Uh-I'm kind of busy right now." Cameron stated, stuttering a little.

"Doing what?" She whispered seductivly into his ear.

I swear to god, if they make out in front of me i'm getting out of this box.

"Uh-work." Cameron stuttered, I peered my head out of the box for a split second and saw that he was grimacing and looked extremely uncomfortable.

"Well, how about you spend some time with your baby girl?" She once again, whispered seductivly.

"I can't." Cameron snapped.

"Why not, daddy?" She hummed. 

Daddy? I was mentally gagging at this point and also trying to hold in my laughter.

"Im sorry Hayley, but" He inhaled. 

There was a long, still pause and the anticipation was literally killing me.

"...I'm breaking up with you." He finished.

My mouth parted and I stared at nothingness, trying to figure out why he broke up with her. Why did he do it? Why did she even show up here in the first place? But most importantly of all, did he do it for me?

"Excuse me?" She snapped, interrupting my thoughts.

"You heard me." Cameron sassed at her.

"Cammy-poo?" She asked disappointed and shocked.

"My names not 'Cammy-poo' to you anymore, its Cameron." He stated. 

Dayyyum, I've never seen this side of him before. I liked it.

"Now get out." He snapped, pointing his finger to the door. 

Hayley ran out with tears streaming down her face before Cameron slammed the door in her face, not literally though because that would've hurt.

I popped my head out of the box, breathing in deeply from lack of oxygen.

"You don't know how long i've been waiting to do that." Cameron sighed happily. Now he looked like the happy and smiley guy I knew; he looked relieved, and to be honest, so was I.

"How long?" I laughed.

"Ever since I met you."

••••••••••••••••••

I can't believe this has got over 100 views! Thank you guys so much, you mean the world to me! Remember to comment and Vote so that I can keep the updates coming! <3