Chapter - 35

-Emily-

I casually parked my car outside The Royce, but before I could actually get out of my vehicle, I was swarmed by a few girls in their teenage years.

"Oh. My. Jesus. Emily Ford." A blonde girl stuttered, practically dying at the sight of me.

"Hello!" I greeted the three of them by pulling them into a hug.

"I seriously can't believe this!" A brunette cried, as she clung onto the hug for a little longer than expected. Knowing that she admired me was and honour and it literally felt so surreal.

"Is it okay if we can get a picture?" another girl with auburn asked, trying to contain her excitement.

"Of course!" I replied with the biggest smile on my face.

The blonde girl pulled out her phone and went onto Snapchat and held the phone up for a selfie. I remained with a huge smile on my face whilst the brunette stuck her tongue out, the shorter girl with auburn hair held her fingers in a peace sign and the blonde girl pouted.

"Thank you so so so so much! I totally ship you and Cameron by the way!" She squealed, taking off with her friends ecstatically.

I chuckled at the sight of them wondering off, looking so giddy and happy. It was weird to see that I had this affect on people, but I was totally grateful for it.

Then I remembered what the girl said about Cameron. I still hadn't seem him today, which was a shame because I was really looking forward to seeing him, but he left my house with the others and didn't even leave a note or anything.

I took in a deep breath before entering the large, dark wood double doors at the entrance of The Royce. If you didn't know, The Royce is the most fanciest restaurant around, and my mom and I have only been there once.

As I entered, I was greeted by a man in his late 40's, grey hair, wearing a sophisticated navy suit that was tailored to his tall stature.

"Hello ma'am." He smiled.

"Hello." I replied, returning the smile.

"Can I have your last name please?" He asked sweetly, as he flicked through the reservation booklet.

"Ford." I responded. "My mom and aunt are already here."

"Oh yes!" He said, rather excitedly. "Do come this way."

I giggled at his giddiness as he escorted me to an even larger hall, with practically no one inside it. This place was definitely made for big events such as parties and weddings because it was so big.

The man continued to walk me to a table where I saw my mom and auntie laughing their heads off, which made my face light up with glee.

"Auntie Ford!" I cried as I ran up to her, leaving the man in the suit to just stand there with nothing to do.

She turned to look at me and I caught a split second of her tear-brimmed eyes before she stood up in shock and ran to me, then engulfed me into a warm, tight hug.

"I haven't seen you in forever." She muffled into my shoulder as the sobs wracked against her chest. She pulled me out of the hug and cupped my cheeks as her eyes glistened with happiness and euphoria. "Your mother was right, you look so grown up." 

I giggled and nodded, "I've missed you." I announced, pulling her back into another hug.

"I've missed you too." She sniffled against my scalp.

As we both removed ourselves from the hug, I looked down and saw her foot. It ws wrapped in a white bandage, cutting off at her ruby toenails.

"Ouch. How did you do that?" I asked, my face grimacing.

"I twisted my ankle. No biggie." She replied, her choice of words making me giggle.

She took me over to a large marble table, where my mom sat across from me, smiling like crazy.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to Emily, happy birthday to you!" She sang quietly but beautifully, which made my heart sink.

"Thank you, mom." I giggled.

"I'm sorry I couldn't say that to you this morning, I hope you understand." Mom softly spoke, having a very devious look on her face.

"Hmmm..." I hummed with a great amount of suspicion in my voice. 

"Ooh! Your presents!" She said as she pulled from underneath the table, a large box wrapped up in gold wrapping paper.

"Oh my jesus, you didn't need to get me something this big." I smiled.

"But you're 21 and I want this birthday to be special." She replied, giving me the warmest grin. 

"Thank you." 

"Theres no need to be, honey." She responded, huffing and puffing as she passed me the large box.

"What the fuck. NO WAY!" I squealed, ripping of the gold paper and the tearing open the box to reveal a selection of all my favourite things.

"Shhh, dont swear." She laughed.

"I can't believe thi- OH MY GOD THERES EVEN A FUCKING NEW CAMERA IN HERE!" I screamed with happiness. My heart was genuinely beating out of my chest from being so ecstatic.

As I rummaged through the box, taking everything out on the way, my eyes landed on a note at the bottom of the box.

It read open, so I did what it told me.

I looked at my mom and auntie, puzzled,  as a sly and devious smirk crept onto their faces.

The rest of it read, 

Emily,

Theres one more present but I couldn't fit it in the box.

- Mom.

I looked up at my mom in total confusion, she just smiled.

"You'll have to look for it." She stated, getting all excited at her little plan.

I stood up and, once again looked at my mom. "Go on." she said, shooing me with her hands.

I glanced around the place, looking for something big because my mom said that it wouldn't fit in the box. I looked underneath a nearby table, found nothing. I looked by a large piano in the corner, found nothing. I looked all around he place and guess what I found...Nothing.

I stood back up from my crouching position and then walked back over to my mom and auntie.

"I have no idea where this 'present' i-" 

I was interrupted when a pair of arms slowly slid around my waist, taking me by surprise.

"Happy birthday, beautiful." The person whispered in my ear.

I turned around to see Cameron, standing there embracing me with a huge grin on his face. 

"Cameron!" I screamed, jumping into his arms as he hugged me tightly and spun me around.He chuckled as I engulfed him into a hug before he could even speak. "I thought you ditched me on my birthday." I stated, giggling slightly as I threw my arms around his neck, making sure he didn't leave my grasp.

"Why the hell would I do that?" He laughed against my shoulder.

I chuckled, "I'm just glad you're here."