Knight in Shining Armour (3)

I present the last ever one shot I will upload...

In this book.

Dan told the truth. He never ever did replace Phil.

Louise and him became very close but never as close as Dan was with Phil.

As soon as they were both out of college, they moved into an apartment together. They ended up making a YouTube account each.. AmazingPhil and Danisnotonfire. The channels blew up like crazy, the subscribers growing each day as they became more popular.

They were together the day that Phil hit one million. Phil ran into Dan's bedroom, screaming and jumping up and down in so much joy that Dan was slightly concerned until Phil explained. Both were overjoyed for Phil's success.

Equally, they were together the day that Dan hit one million too. Dan's reaction, however was completely different to Phil's. He ran into Phil's room sobbing, claiming he didn't believe he deserved so many subscribers and that, as much as he wanted to, he didn't think he could upload enough to please so many people.

That day Phil sat down with him for hours, telling him it was okay and that he deserved it. Dan really did though: he had worked so hard and that work had paid off. They cuddled for hours that day as Phil comforted Dan.

Then there was the day Phil his two million. He smiled like an idiot for weeks on end and he was just buzzing with excitement. Dan could tell how happy he was and that made him happy too.

The day Dan hit two? It earned tears again but this time happy tears. He sobbed and sobbed, saying that he was so thankful and happy and just amazed that so many people liked him.

One particular day stuck out more than the days they gained millions. The day that Dan and Phil realised how much they loved each other.

"Phil.. do you remember what I was like in secondary school?" Dan mumbled, closing his laptop lid and placing it beside him on the sofa. "I was a mess. People hated me but you saved me."

"I'm proud of you." Phil responded, smiling at his best friend.

"Remember the day that I called you my 'Knight in Shining Armour'? That was so cheesy but it was true. It's still true. You save me, Phil. What would I have done without you? I don't think I'd be here.."

"Yes, you would. Don't think about that though because I am here. I always will be here."

"What if you're not? You could leave. You could find another guy and ditch me, couldn't you? It could happen within a matter of weeks. Then where would I go?"

"I will never leave you for someone else Dan. Do you know why? Because you're Dan Howell and you're amazing and I love you."

"No, you don't."

"Yes, I do. I love you so much, I really do. You're my best friend. You always will be." Best friend. It was like a stab in Dan's heart. Dan wanted more than that, he really did. He wanted to be able to kiss Phil and hug him and cuddle him all the time. He couldn't though because Phil didn't love him that way... why would he?

"I have a secret." Dan blurted out before he could stop himself. "I have a secret which could make you leave."

"Do you really? Or are you over exaggerating? Don't make me worry, Dan. You know how I am with worrying."

"I like you."

"I like you too."

"No. I like like you." The room silenced for a couple of seconds before Phil let out a small laugh. The laughs grew louder and Dan felt humiliated. He just wanted to run into his bedroom and hide under his covers for eternity. Now Phil hated him and wanted him to leave, didn't he?

"Really? That's-" Phil let out another short laugh before composing himself to speak. "I can't believe I was so worked up about liking you when really you liked me the whole time. That's hilarious. I was stupid for worrying."

"What? You-"

"I like you."

It was the best day ever and it lead to even better days too.

Phil would always be Dan's Knight in Shining Armour.

I don't really like this one but this is going to be the last one shot I ever post in this book :") but don't worry! I will still post one shots, just in another book! It will be on my profile under Dan and Phil One Shots (2) so make sure you check it out.

The final question I will ask in this book is *drum roll*

...

Which of my other books have you read or do you want to read? Also will you check out my new One Shot book?