Living A Daydream

(I'm bringing this forward in the book so that it's with the other parts. Can I just say that I wrote this to celebrate 1k since then I have gained so many reads. THANK YOU SO MUCH!)

Here's my update to celebrate 1k. I really like this one ^-^

Description: Dan has always been a daydreamer. People thought he was weird because of it but one day he finds someone who completely accepts him. It was too good to be true...

TW: None but it's kind of sad. I read something like this before and really liked it so I tried to write something similar :).

EDITED

Dan's point of view

Dan: Age 7 Phil: Age 11

I walked around the playground alone. I had no one to talk to so I just daydreamed the whole time.

Imagine if Pokémon was real? That would be weird. Like what if Pikachus actually roamed the Earth? That would be awesome but also really scary.

What did I say? I practically live in a daydream.

Some say I have an overactive imagination because I talk to myself and I imagine a lot of things which aren't there. I just think I'm creative and smart, maybe it is there but I'm the only one who can see it. I don't know.

I laughed to myself and started to walk back into the school building. What if someone actually talked to me? That would be weird because no one my age ever talks to me. They think I'm weird because of my imagination but I don't care. As long as I can imagine, I'll be happy.

I bumped into someone on the way and fell. They fell too because I heard a soft yelp. I stood up and they did too. We looked each other in the eye for quite a long time before he decided to say, "I'm Phil and you are..."

"Dan." I mumbled, afraid of being judged by this boy. He didn't quite look my age, maybe a couple years older. "How old are you?" I stupidly asked aloud.

"11, you?"

"7." He smiled and started to walk away. "Wait!" He turned and raised his eyebrows at me. "You're the first non-adult to talk to me. They think I'm weird. Maybe because I'm smart and they are not."

"You do seem quite smart for 7 year old." Phil laughed.

Dan: Age 9 Phil: Age 13

"Phil!" I screamed, chasing after the black haired boy. He started laughing and suddenly stopped, causing me to run into him. We fell to the floor, laughing our heads off. This was friendship... "Do you want to come round for tea later? My mum says she wants to meet you!"

"I can't. I'm busy." Phil sighed and I pouted.

"You always make up an excuse! Mum wants to meet you."

"I'm sorry, Danny. Maybe soon." He smiled and I did the same.

Dan: Age 13 Phil: Age 17

"Phil, I still haven't been to your house and you've never been to mine either... Why?" I asked and he frowned.

"I just don't like meeting new people, sorry Dan." He replied, offering me a soft smile.

"Oh, I get it. It's okay." I turned an saw a little girl walking with her mum.

"Who's he talking to?" She said, pointing straight at me.

"I don't know, honey. Just keep walking." Her mother said, I was about to say something to Phil but he had gone.

-

That day, Phil kind of just disappeared. I didn't see him for about a month, he didn't even text me. I had gone back to being the stupid loner who daydreams all the time. The next time I saw him, we just bumped into each other. "Phil!" I exclaimed, excitedly hugging him. "Where did you go? You just disappeared..."

"Sorry, family crisis." He replied, looking rather flustered.

"You're always so vague... But I forgive you because you're my best friend."

Dan: Age 15 Phil: Age 18

"Come back to mine, my parents aren't home!" I said and he nodded. We walked in silence and I took him straight to my room. We sat on the bed just chatting until we heard a door slam.

"Dan?!" My mum yelled, it painfully echoed throughout the house.

"Up here, mum!" I heard her start to come up the stairs and the room to my door opened.

"Phil. This is my mum." I said, turning and smiling at him. His eyes teared up and I furrowed my eyebrows; why would he cry?

"There's no one there..." My mum responded and I shook my head, not believing it.

"Of course he is. He's right here."

"Dan, honey... There's nothing or no one there..." I felt my eyes tear up.

"He's there! I know it!" I screamed, starting to cry. My mum sat to my side and put her arm around me.

"He is imaginary, Dan."

"A 15 year old wouldn't have an imaginary friend." I simply said, shaking my head again.

"I'm sorry..." Phil had disappeared again. I closed my eyes and heard a voice, it sounded just like Phil's.

"I'm sorry, Dan but I'm not real." It said and I felt another tear fall.

I always was an overactive dreamer. I guess some things never change.