Living in a Daydream (3)

Wow why do people want more of this?? XD

TW: Mentions of schizophrenia and it probably isn't described very well because the way it's perceived is based off things I found on the Internet. Also suicide (don't worry no one dies though)

"Honey, he isn't real." My mum let out a small cough. "I think you need to speak to someone.. You're 18, you shouldn't have imaginary friends, that phase should have passed years ago."

"I'm telling you! He's real!" Tears were filling my eyes and I didn't dare wipe them away.

"Daniel.."

"I'll prove it." I then shot out of the room, tears falling down my cheeks.

Why didn't she believe me?

I pushed past so many people on my way to Phil's room. I felt like the walls were closing in on me whilst I sobbed and sobbed to myself. I soon found his room and when I pushed the door open, Martyn was leaning against the hospital bed, speaking to his brother.

"Martyn, can you help me?" I cried out and Martyn turned to look at me, his eyebrows furrowed.

"What's up?" Both Phil and Martyn asked me and I wiped away the tears on my cheeks.

"Can you tell my mum that Phil is real? She doesn't believe me? I know that sounds stupid and oh my- I'm 18 and my mum doesn't believe my friends are real-" my breathing was going crazy and I was beginning to hyperventilate. My vision was getting blurry and I was afraid that I was passed out until someone placed their hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay, I'll tell her." Martyn softly smiled and he grabbed my hand to pull me out of the room. "Stop crying, Dan. It's alright."

"She thinks I have another imaginary friend." My voice was shaking so much that it was a surprise that Martyn could decipher what I was saying.

"I know, I know. I'll tell her, okay?"

"O-Okay."

-

Martyn walked in to my mum's room with his arm around me. "I'm Martyn."

"Martyn." My mum let out an exasperated sigh. "Could I speak to you alone?" I glanced between my mum and Martyn before hanging my head down low as I left them alone.

I made sure to lean my ear against the door so that I could hear their conversation. "Martyn, you most certainly don't need to pretend to protect Dan's feelings." My mum said and I felt extremely sorry for Martyn at that moment. He didn't ask to get involved with some insane boy like me, it just happened.

"I'm not. My brother is literally down the hall, he is real. He is definitely real."

"I don't need you to influence my son."

"I'm not. I'm Martyn Lester and my brother is Phil Lester. We are real, alive. Phil has been in a coma for a long time and Dan's voice woke him up. Dan's a miracle. He potentially saved my brother's life."

"This isn't a fantasy. I am really sorry my son bothered you but you can leave now."

"Miss-"

"Leave." Martyn then walked out of the door, sending me a sympathetic look.

"I'm sorry." He whispered and I sighed, avoiding his sad gaze.

"When will Phil be discharged?" I had a tiny glint of hope left in my voice but his answer crushed what was left.

"I don't know." I shoved him as hard as I could before running down the halls to the staircase which was around the corner. I ran up it two steps at a time, just wanting to escape from everyone and the hectic life. I must have climbed up around 4 flights of stairs without stopping and, surprisingly I wasn't the slightest bit out of breath. Tears were falling down my cheeks at a rapid pace as I pushed myself through a door labelled...