I Hate You

WARNING FOR OMG CUTENESS AND TEENAGE!PHAN YOU ARE GOING TO DIE FROM FLUFF I REALLY LOVE THIS ONE SHOT

PHIL'S POINT OF VIEW

"DANIEL!" I yelled, running forward and pinning my best friend down on his bed. I smirked before tickling his sides, chuckling every time he squealed or giggled.

"PHIL-" Dan yelled, his breathing heavy and uneven from all the energy and effort put into his screeches and squeals, overall he looked pretty vulnerable. "STOP!"

"NEVER!" I leant forward, pressing our noses together and pausing the tickles for a moment before letting out an evil laugh as Dan smiled to himself. I immediately began tickling him again and laughing at the look of sheer betrayal on his face.

"PLEASE PHIL-" Inhale. "I-" Exhale. "CAN'T-" Inhale. "BREATHE!" I finally gave in and pushed Dan away from me, letting out a laugh at his bright red face. 

"Your face-" I started, uncontrollably laughing at my best friend. "PRICELESS!" Dan let out a small huff before shoving me off the bed and folding his arms in mock anger.

"I hate you, Phil."

"No, you don't." I smirked, pulling myself up off of the floor, placing a hand on his shoulder, staring straight into his chocolate eyes.

"Yes, I do." I didn't say anything for a moment, being too lost in his eyes and rendering myself speechless.

"Dan.. Have you ever made out with someone? I know you've kissed people but have you ever.. like.. properly made out with someone?" The words had left my mouth before I could stop them.

"Well.. no.." Dan scratched the back of his neck, his face going red again but this time in embarrassment. The previous moment had been long forgot due to a couple of simple sentences.

"Have you not? What about that girl you dated last year? You didn't even make out?"

"I hate you." Dan muttered, hoping to return to the earlier conversation and avoid further embarrassment.

"I haven't made out with anyone either.."

"How does this relate to me hating you at all?"

"It doesn't, I was just thinking out loud."

"Okay? Do you want a drink?"

"I wonder what it feels like." I said, completely ignoring his question and pushing the subject of making out. When would he get the hint?

"Yeah, sounds stupid." Dan pushed himself up into a sitting position beside me.

"I bet it's amazing."

"Phil.. Can you change the subject? Love is nothing but a myth. Why would you want to.. make out.. with someone.. weird." Dan pulled a disgusted face, shaking his head and diverting his gaze to the floor.

"I bet I could change your mind."

"WHAT!" Dan spat out, seemingly choking on air as he turned to meet my eyes.

"I want to practice making out with you. I want to see what it's like, I bet you do too."

"Phil.. I don't-"

"Dan." I smiled a pleading smile and Dan sighed, quickly looking behind him.

"As long as no one finds out. I'm nowhere near gay. I am literally just doing this for the experience." I nodded, secretly screaming inside.

I put my hands to his cheeks and was surprised at how soft his skin was; it was unbelievably smooth to my touch. I found myself lost in his eyes and the emotion held within them, I could see confusion, fear and the slightest hint of happiness. I pulled him closer to me and turned my head to the side a little bit, as if to go in for a normal kiss. I let our lips touch and they locked together like it was meant to be, it was the best feeling. Fireworks exploded, butterflies flew, touches danced and I felt the happiest I had ever been. 

I trailed my hand down his chest as we both got lost in the kiss. It was amazing. My other hand was tangled in his hair and I realised that the Phil from seconds ago had no idea what he had been missing.

"Dan- DAN!" A voice yelled, making both Dan and I jolt back. We looked at each other in shock for a moment before our silence was cut off. "Explain." I turned to see that Dan's mum was standing by the door her arms folded.

"Before you ask, I am not gay." Dan blurted out, his eyes wide.

"Oh yeah.." Dan's mum raised an eyebrow, staring at Dan with a suspicious look on her face.

"I'm not! Phil just wanted to try something out! I didn't even want to do it, Phil did!" I had to try my best not to smile; Dan was getting himself into a mess and it was kind of entertaining. He must have felt the weird feeling in his stomach when we kissed too or, at least, I hoped he felt it.

"Dan, it's okay to be gay."

"I'm not gay." Dan exaggeratedly threw his hands into the air, letting out a loud, exasperated sigh.

"Dan-"

"Mum! Take the hint, I am not gay. I am as straight as a-"

"Rainbow." I chipped in. I was meant to mutter it under my breath but it came out a lot louder than I wanted it to. Dan's mum stifled a laugh.

"Phil, you are not helping at all. I could use some support here." Dan grumbled and I rolled my eyes.

"Mrs Howell could you leave for a moment?" I said and Dan's mum nodded, leaving the room (but not without raising her eyebrows). "Dan, answer me seriously, are you gay?"

"I'm not- I don't know!" Dan almost yelled, staring up at me through petrified eyes. "I like girls!"

"So you're not gay? Dan, you are giving me mixed messages."

"But there's this one guy which I like and he's confusing me so much." Dan's gaze met mine and his eyes were shining with tears. "I'm just so confused, okay?"

"Dan, it's okay to be confused."

"What about you?"

"What about me?"

"What are you? Sexuality-wise?"

"Dan, you know I am gay. Last year I dated a guy, PJ, remember him?"

"What made you know you were gay?"

"Well.. I didn't feel anything for girls and boys just appealed more to me.. I found them more attractive and.. you know." Dan then slowly leaned forward, his face getting closer to mine as every millisecond passed. His lips were then on mine for the second time.

It was even better the second time. Our lips moved together in perfect sync and I could feel the little butterflies swirling around in the pit of my stomach again. Dan made me feel happy, his kiss and his touch made me feel butterflies. I could only wonder whether Dan felt the same things as me. He then pulled away and avoided my gaze before smiling to himself. "I hate you, Phil." Dan mumbled before leaning back in and connecting our lips once again.

THIRD PERSON

Dan's mum lightly knocked on her son's bedroom door to check whether Dan was ready to talk. When the response was pretty much silence, she lifted up her hand and pushed the door open. The sight she saw was definitely unexpected.

Her son and his best friend were kissing again. She cleared her throat and both of the boy's heads turned in her direction. "You're gay." She muttered before slowly backing up. "Just don't get too intimate, you are only young." Then she turned around and closed the door.

Dan then decided that he had the best mum ever.

AGH WHY DO I LOVE THIS DO MUCH