Midnight Whispers

A quick note before you begin reading this, I wrote all the lyrics to the songs. As in I MADE THEM UP. So sorry if they're complete rubbish I don't write songs often, okay?

"We're The Fantastic Foursome and we're going to open with our new single, October!" Dan yelled and the crowd went absolutely crazy with screams and yells for the band. PJ started to play his introduction, perfecting every single chord he played on the guitar, not once looking down. Dan and Phil then joined in, their notes merging together as they played in flawless unison. Chris was next to join, his voice amazingly soft and beautiful. Playing together made the crowd eccentric, sending them into crazy fits of screaming and some people were even crying.

"October.. I met you in October, things were perfect. You found me before I hit defect." Chris started and most of the crowd was singing along with him, the rest of the band members were screaming out the words too.

Each concert was just so much fun. Seeing the crowd go wild made the whole band feel so loved and honoured. As soon as the band finished playing October, they were onto their next hit, Drummer Boy.

Drummer Boy was a lot more hardcore than the acoustic October so it sent the crowd even more insane. Everyone was jumping up and down, yelling the lyrics at the top of their lungs like their lives depended on it. "Boy, on the street, walking down the road. My heart is on fire and my head is going to explode. Your piercings and that earring have got me on my knees. Your blue eyes and that black hair dye, notice me please." Chris began and Dan was slowly playing his bass riff and singing along to himself.

"Drummer Boy! Oh, Drummer Boy! Can you hear me? I'm calling out, can't you see! Drummer Boy! Oh, Drummer Boy! You're the one for me!" PJ, Chris and Dan sang together, grinning widely as the whole crowd was jumping up and down and singing along. It then came to PJ's guitar solo and he went crazy as he was just absorbed in the music.

When everything faded into silence (except the screams from the crowd), Phil stood up and stepped away from his drum kit. He walked towards the microphone, smiling and waving at everyone watching him. A couple of girls screamed when he made eye contact with them. He then brushed his dyed black hair away from his eyes before starting to speak. "This next song holds a special place in my heart. It's directed to my wonderful boyfriend, Dan Howell." As Dan blushed, the crowd carried on screaming, tears streaming down a lot of their faces at the adorable moment. "It's called Midnight Whispers!" Dan started to play his introduction on the bass on his own, the blush still clearly evident on his cheeks. Phil sat back down behind the drums, just as it was his and PJ's cue to join in.

"Midnight. We kept it at midnight." Chris whispered in the microphone as the loudness of the instruments increased. "Close my eyes, imagine your voice. Life's insane but you calm me down. You make me smile, drive me crazy. I'd run a mile because you make my mind hazy. SING IT!"

"Midnight whispers, your voice so low! Night time murmurs, please don't go! Tours might be loud but you'd stay quiet! Screams from the crowd, ignore all that riot! Midnight whispers, your voice so low.." The crowd sang, making the whole band smile widely. Dan was still blushing, his cheeks bright red with embarrassment from being singled out.

The song soon ended so Dan's blush could finally disappear. Phil's songs were always so deep and meaningful and they never failed to make him blush. They made Dan's heart beat so fast and butterflies fill his stomach; they always held so much truth and love. Dan just wanted to hold Phil close and thank him for the words but the concert wasn't other yet.. that would have to wait.

-

The concert soon came to a close and The Fantastic Foursome were soon heading backstage to relax a little. They were all extremely tired out and sweaty from all the energy and power they put into their music. It was one of those days where the crowd was insane and wild which meant even more of their energy was drained as they entertained them. "That was an amazing show!" PJ said as soon as they were in their main backstage room, taking his guitar off from over his shoulder.

"I agree. The crowd was insane!" Chris chuckled, grabbing a bottle of water from their fridge and downing half of it out of sheer exhaustion.

"Well done, guys! You were all amazing tonight. Especially you, Peej. I don't think you messed up one note." Phil laughed, patting all his friends on their backs and grinning at them all. "And Dan, you went really red when I singled you out. In fact.. you're going red, right now."

"I know.. leave me alone! It was embarrassing!" Dan complained, covering his cheeks with his hands to hide the new blush that was appearing.

"It was so adorable."

"No, it wasn't!"

"It actually was." Chris and PJ said at the same time, making Phil laugh before his face turned stern.

"He's mine."

-

"I think we should all go to bed now. It's pretty late and I don't know about you but I'm exhausted." Phil muttered, standing up and walking towards the door.

"Yeah, I agree." Dan replied, bringing his hand through his dark hair and following Phil.

Once they were back at their hotel room (Dan and Phil were sharing), they climbed into bed beside each other. "Oh, look at the time." Phil mumbled and Dan glanced at his phone for a moment, noticing that it was exactly midnight. "Midnight whispers, your voice so low.. Night time murmurs, please don't go.. Tours might be loud but you'd stay quiet.. Screams from the crowd, ignore all that riot.. Midnight whispers, your voice so low.. Night time murmurs, please don't go.." Phil quietly sung and Dan smiled to himself, moving a little bit closer to his boyfriend and burying his head into Phil's chest.

"I know life is loud, I know it's hard. But I'll bring you quiet and make it okay. This may not be allowed but I'll make is pass. I'll bring you quiet and make it okay. Life is dark, I know it's frightening. But I'll bring you light and make it okay. I know I'm not a torch but I'll let it pass. I'll bring you light and make it okay." Phil's beautiful singing voice wasn't at all above a whisper and Dan could definitely not hide the blush that was slowly spreading on his face.

"Midnight whispers, you're voice so low.. Night time murmurs, please don't go.." Dan's eyes were slowly drifting shut as he let Phil's peaceful voice lull him into a sleep.

"Tours might be loud but you stay quiet.. Screams from the crowd, ignore all that riot.." Phil soon noticed that Dan was snoring soundly so he leaned a little bit closer.

Bringing his hands through Dan's hair as he slept, Phil sang the final line. "Midnight whispers, you're voice so low.. Night time murmurs, please don't go.."