Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Seb

       I had to admit, I was excited to give Dax his gift. I couldn't even count how many times he asked for a dog either for Christmas or his birthday and when someone I knew was selling the puppies his dog gave birth to, for free I might add, I thought it was perfect. All I had to do was buy the dog supplies.

       I walked inside and Dax immediately looked at me. "Seb...."

       I looked at him and smiled. "I knew you wanted one, this breed especially, and someone I knew had a dog that just gave birth and he was selling the puppies, so...."

       "You got me a dog?" he asked.

       "Not just any dog," I said. "You have been going on and on about how you've been wanting a rottweiler, so this little fella is yours."

       Dax got up from the couch and gave me a hug, which surprised me a tiny bit because he only hugged me if he had to be comforted. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" he said happily.

       I laughed. Sometimes, I forgot that he was actually seventeen years old considering the way he acts. "You're welcome, Dax."

       Dax knelt down beside the puppy, who barked happily before he jumped onto Dax's lap. "Thank you so much, Seb."

       "Like I already said, you're welcome," I said. "So, what are you going to name him."

       "Is Tequila an option?" Dax asked.

       Tequila....

       Honestly, I wasn't that surprised.

       I raised an eyebrow. "You want to name your dog after a drink?"

       "I was just asking if it was an option," Dax said.

       "No." I definitely did not want the dog to be named after a drink, even if the dog wasn't mine.

       "That's fine, because I already have a name," Dax said. "I think I'll name him Skittles. You know, after the candy I wanted you to buy when you were busy ignoring me whilst on the road trip."

       "You know, I would have bough you skittles, but you kind of made out with my girlfriend, so I didn't," I said, only to get hit on the shoulder by my wonderful fiancee. "What?"

       "Don't bring it up," Artemis said, curling her lips into a pout. She was so adorable.... "Please? You know we regret it."

       "Wow, it sounds like you think I'm a bad kisser," Dax joked.

       "Sorry to break it to you, but Seb's better," Artie said. Uh, of course I was.

       "Aww, come on, it's no fun building up Seb's confidence," Dax said. "It's much more fun tearing it down."

       I narrowed my eyes at Dax. As much as I loved him, he was one of the most annoying human beings on the planet. "You're just jealous because I'm the better kisser."

       "You've had practice," Dax said. "I've only kissed two girls before."

       I raised an eyebrow. "Two? Since when was it two?" The last time I checked, the only girl Dax had ever kissed was Artie. Kind of upsetting that my little brother's first kiss was with the girl I was marrying....

       "Today," Dax said, scratching behind his dog's ears.

       "Whoa, you kissed someone today?" I asked. "What, do you have a girlfriend?"