The Bat Has To Die

~ Chapter 36 ~ 

* 2 weeks later *

  It has been two weeks. Honestly, I didn't think Jack would've made it this long. We haven't spoken since he last held the gun to my forehead but I would stare blankly at him whenever he was in the same room as I was. At first he's expression showed that he thought I was angry and glaring. Then it started turning into confusion and lastly he returns my gaze for a few seconds now with a look of apology. I don't think that even I knew the reason behind my empty stares though. Maybe it was me trying to memorise his features..or maybe just a look of disbelief that he's still here. I think it was just me trying not to miss his last moment. I was waiting for it to happen. For everything to start crumbling down over my head. For my inner flames to finally surface and take hold of my entire being. Today was different though. Today he said my name. He called for me.

"Eva..will you please bring that lamp closer to my desk." He said almost out of instinct as he furrowed his brows at the blue prints laid down in front of him.

I blinked a few times before standing up from my now daily fixed seat on the stool. I walked over to the lamp before lifting it up and moving it next to his desk. I glanced at the plans before him before craning my neck to get a better look.

"What are you doing?" Curiosity got the best of me.

He looked up at me, gave me a strange look then he shrugged and looked back at the blue prints.

"Nothing but the usual." He replied as his brows arched at my question.

"You're plotting?" I asked a bit shocked.

"Yeah..once this is over I still gotta eat, don't I?!" He scoffed as if it was so simple.

"I hope you'll succeed with your plans then."  I said letting it out with a light breath as I decided to play along.

He stared at me with his brows still raised as I crossed from the side to the front of the desk and then back towards my stool.

"I will." He said almost calling after me before I reached the stool not wanting to end our only conversation in 2 weeks.

"I'm certain." I gave him a small smile.

"I've seen you go climb up to the top of the rails of the rollercoaster a couple of times since we've come here." He said turning his attention back to his plans.

"Yeah. I go there sometimes." I said blankly.

"You sit up there and you dangle your feet..almost as if you've never had a fear of heights for a moment in your life." He spoke.

"Now tell me Eva, was that a lie as well?!" He added his face turning sour.

"Well..I guess I just don't care anymore. There's nothing to fear." I answered as I stared at the wall at the opposite side of the room. I could see the frustration simmer off of him as he didn't get the heated answer he was fishing for.

"If I fall that is.." I mumbled quietly after as I looked down to my nails.

He angled his face as he stared at me with an unreadable expression.

"You're very weird now, Striker. " He replied trying to dissipate away the thickness of my answer.

"Well I never hoped to be this way." I smiled at him.

"I think you should stop going up there. The metal is rusty and you shouldn't be up that high. The climb alone is dangerous."

"You shouldn't worry about me." I replied using a sharper tone this time as I felt my emotions flood back to me.

* Bruce's P.O.V *

 I paid a visit to Victor Fries. I managed to reason with him into helping me after saving him from Penguin's grips. However, he needs an enzyme that's stronger than the usual. One that I knew where to find. Which was why I was making my journey to Tibet. In Tibet, was a base for the League of Assassins. It was said that Ra's' body held such enzymes due to his longevity. However, I have to work much faster than this if I want to make the journey back.

 I have to get in and out of that base after getting the sample I need without drawing unwanted attention to myself.

* Joker's P.O.V *

  Eva was currently an unread book to me. Once that also happened to be in a different language. I can't figure out how she feels or know what she's thinking anymore. She's always staring at me with this blank expression, it was almost as if she was trying to muffle out all of what was surrounding her. She also seemed more reckless. Like she wouldn't act on her death but was doing all that was in her might to have it come to her rescue on it's own. What's driving me mad however isn't any of that, even though a part of me is dying seeing her current emotional and mental state. What's driving me mad is how she spoke to him like he was an old friend or someone much closer than that. The one person on this planet that I have been trying to rid myself of. And of course she knew his real identity! Surely, Batman doesn't go out in the morning and sit around in a coffee shop waiting to make small talk with the waitress and friends with the tables surrounding him! She knew him! And their relationship is so strong that he entrusted her with his identity! I constantly clenched and unclenched my jaw just thinking about them. I was beyond enraged. It felt like she was suddenly so distant, like I never knew her. And the way she hugged him with relief was what was killing me. I could mentally imagine every single fume of anger coming out from my head right now if we were in a cartoon. Out of all the people that could've been in the picture. It had to be him. How ironic! A real crowd pleaser! Except I'm not laughing! It wasn't funny! I tightened my fist as I imagined what I would do to him if I hadn't needed  him and he was standing right in front of me. Oh I could almost hear the crack his trachea would make under my grip as I squeezed every last breath out of his god damn self righteous lungs! I was done playing. I was done having my fun with him. I know I always kept him around because he was the only person that could keep up with me but this time. Ohohohh this time, he gets too close. Way too close for my liking. She's always been out of this! She wasn't just another mark on our gains. She's mine and she will stay mine. Even if it breaks her heart because I have reached my decision. As soon as I have my hands on that antidote.

The Bat has to die.

-------------------------------------------------

Hi guys!!

Another update down!

We're very close to the end of this sequel now.

I hope you guys liked this update.

It was sort of a filler until we reach the climax.

Anyway!

I hope you're all having a great day!

Tell me if you've seen or planning on seeing Civil War throughout these two week! I'm super excited!! (NO SPOILERS IF YOU HAVE SEEN IT PLS THOUGH)

Also, I'd love to know which teams you guys are one in the comments and also tell me whether you've liked it or not if you've seen it.

Anyway! (again)

Don't forget to comment your thoughts on this chapter as well and vote

Much love xxx