Package Delivery

~ Chapter 28 ~

 I woke up at around 10 AM and Jack wasn't in bed. Actually, I don't think I remember him heading up to the room in the first place. I arched my back attempting to stretch before I dragged my feet out of bed. And that was when I actually felt the coolness of the ceramic flooring. I shuddered as I quickly padded my way across the room to my socks. I need warmer clothes. If I stay in my work outfit I'm going to end up freezing to death.

I headed down the stairs and mentally thanked god for the wooden tiles outside the room. I walked further towards the couch as I found Jack near the kitchen island and then gravitated towards him. He had his back towards me and was facing a bunch of papers fanned out in front of him. 

"Hey." I said softly as I stood next to him.

"Hmm? Hi." He rasped.

"Have you been awake all night?" I asked noticing the tousles and flares his hair was in and patches of his skin showing through his worn off makeup.

"No, but that doesn't matter. Come take a look at this."  He replied pulling out a sketch.

"These are sketches of how much the drug should effect the bones. You see here is the normal bone..and that is what it should turn into. " He said as I craned my neck to see the sketches and he grabbed a pen.

"You see all of these areas get effected by the drug which should cause an increase in muscles and bone mass. However, the enhanced version should double the increase in bone mass and muscles which should look a little something like this!" He explained as he pulled out another drawing but I didn't look at it.

I was watching his features and how different he looked in this light and talking about this. After a few moments he stopped talking and faced me.

"Angel, are you listening to me?" He asked.

"Yeah..I hear you." I gave him a soft smile.

"Are you sure this is safe?" I questioned him.

"Yes doll plus, I already promised you not to try it out first. Just relax okay? Think of how things are gonna change for us, and for everyone!" He was saying followed by a knock on the door which caused both of us to turn towards it.

He then turned to look at me as he bit down on the corners of his mouth, grinningly before he moved towards the door. I watched him approach the frame and open the door, then step out a bit looking around him before bending over. He then reappeared with a package in his hands as the door closed behind him. 

I eyed the brown box and Jack gave me a look before heading over to place it on the table behind the couch. I followed behind as he pulled out his pocket knife and jabbed the top of the box, slicing it down the middle. He then ripped the top part revealing four vials with a thick green liquid inside, and an injector gun. I felt my stomach quench just eyeing the vials. I saw Jack's hand unfold as if he was about to pick one of the vials up and I gulped. I then raised my hand and brought it up to his shoulder.

"Hey, so..who are you planning on trying this on?" I asked in attempt to remind him that he wasn't going to be the first one to try it.

"Hmm? Oh uh..probably any one of my men. It doesn't matter." He mumbled still fascinated with the vials.

"Sounds alright..anyway, I was hoping I'd head into town today." I said putting both my hands on his shoulders and stepping into the space between him and the table.

"I need warmer clothes or else I'm gonna freeze my ass off out here." I spoke as his eyes met mine.

"Uh.. sure thing doll. I'll tell one of my men to bring up a car." He rasped.