Alone

~ Chapter 23 ~

After about three games of chess, and Jack figuring out I was letting him win the third time, because it was only fair. We decided to leave. I took Jack back to the asylum and led him back to the ICU and he thanked me for taking him out for a change and I decided to take an early leave. I then made my way out to the mainroad and took a cab and made my long way back to Wayne Manor. Every time I entered that place I feel more and more guilty about the way I treated Bruce.

* 3 weeks later *

After the first time I took Jack to Regency Park, it's become quiet a routine. I took him there like 2 more times in the past two weeks. Everyday it was all the same. Wake up, go to the asylum, take Jack out twice a week, get home, no sign of Bruce, go to sleep, wake up early, and that went on forever. I went out once and got Jack some new clothes though. Something about Natalie's ex's outfit wreaked asshole. I was getting closer to Jack but so was Natalie. Something which has been pissing me off since the day I met her. Every day I show up to the asylum and she's already in his room. It's like she knows when I arrive to work and makes sure she's there before me. She also has this tradition of interruping and cutting the time I have with him short, since I always end up to be the one leaving.

I made my way into the asylum and up to the ICU after registering my attendance and scanning my ID. I made my way down to Jack's room and opened the door but he wasn't there. I walked over to the bathroom but the door was opened and there was no one there. I felt a chill run through my body as my heart began to ache. I made my way down the hall asking people if they saw him but they all said no. I then made my way down to Sarah at the front desk. She must've seen him leave right?! I approached Sarah who was typing something on her computer and decided it was more important than looking up at me.

"Sarah have you seen the Joker?! He isn't in his room and no one saw him leaving his room." I questioned her and she shrugged.

"What? Then where the hell did he go?!" I highered my voice.

"I don't know, Striker. I'm busy go see if anyone else knows where he is." She grumbled at me still typing on her laptop.

I then stormed away and made my way up to Jeremiah's office. I gave his door two knocks before swinging it open.

"Where is my patient?!" I demanded.

"Good morning to you too Dr. Striker-" He started but I cut him off.

"Dr. Arkham please answer my question." I repeated not bearing the anxiety.

"Jesus. Someone's stressed out. Relax, he's gone out." He says simply.

"Gone out?! Gone out where?!" I raised my voice again.

" I don't know. Ms. Jackson took him out this morning I suspect they'll be back in the afternoon or so, they just left half an hour ago."

Ms. Jackson?! Then it hit me.

Natalie.

"So what?! She's a fucking doctor now?! Who gave her the right to take him out?!" I shouted the jealousy blinding me and Jeremiah stands up.

"Dr. Striker, this is no way to talk to your employer. Please lower your voice, I will not accept this new attitude of yours." He stresses.

"I'm sorry, but who gave her the right to take out my patient without my permission?! She is just a nurse! What does she know about anything?! What if something happens to him?! Where did she even take him?!" I asked.