Founder's island

*Important Author's Note at the end of the chapter*

~ Chapter 27 ~

  We eventually pulled apart but he still kept his forehead against mine. I closed my eyes then heard the clink of his knife opening as it cut my hands loose. I then opened my eyes and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and took a hold of my left wrist, trying to rub the rope burns away. Jack then bent further down and cut the rope around my ankles.

I stared at the top of his head as he cut loose my other leg and then stood up. I then hesitated for a second before standing up from the chair, finding my balance as I felt the blood tingle and rush back into my feet and toes. He stared at me for a few seconds before turning around.

"Let's go." He said quietly over his shoulder before walking towards the doors.

I followed silently behind as he paused to pull the rusty old door aside and I stepped out. I looked back and waited for him as he stepped out and glided the door back before locking it. I looked around me and the sun was starting to set. I couldn't recognize this place. 

"Come on." He said as he started walking along the building's wall then made a right.

As we turned there was a flight of fire escape stairs leading to a small door at the top. I followed behind him on the metal stairs as he opened the door and we entered. I stepped in and it was a house. There was a couch and a tv and rooms and everything. Did he move again? 

"Where are we?" I asked, finally finding my voice.

"We..are uptown. This is our new place now." He spoke and I couldn't help but feel something when he said the word our.

Uptown. Locally known as Founder's Island. The one North of Gotham. Why was this sudden change of heart? I mean I understand we're constantly moving, but why did he move to a different part of the city and a completely different island?

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Why didn't we just move to the outskirts of downtown?" I asked and he started laughing.

"You didn't watch any TV did you?" He chuckled.

"Prisoners busted out of Blackgate. First thing they did was takeover downtown. It's only a matter of time before the police pull up the bridges and put it on lockdown. And we can't have that!" He tapped the air with his index and I went silent.

"I can still send some men to pick up your stuff though." He turned his head to look at me over his shoulder before he sat on the couch.

"No, don't bother, it's not there." I replied and he raised an eyebrow at me when I sat down.

"I had to stay at a friend's house." I explained as he stared oddly at me.

We stayed silent for a while as he stared down in his hands. I watched him fumble with them before speaking up.

"So, how was it for you?" I asked him and he looked up at me.

"Hmm?" He raised an eyebrow.

"What did it feel like?" I asked.

"Oh.. That!" He rasped.

"If I'm being honest, it felt like I was being possessed." He replied.

"Never in my years, have I ever seen someone soooo boooring and.. weak!" He rolled his eyes and grunted.

"You weren't that bad.." I said softly.

"He was vulnerable." He stressed refusing to refer to him as himself.