Sebastian Stan - Soulmate

Sebastian Stan x Reader

Requested by @KrissiJones . This is the soulmate AU where you're born with a tattoo on your wrist and the only two people with that same tattoo on their wrist are you and your soulmate. Most people never find their soulmates, and when they do, it's basically a miracle. Many people will even find photos in their history books of people with their tattoos, and they realize that they never had a chance of finding their soulmate, and there is no one out there anymore that is meant to be with them. You've believed that you were like this your entire life.

"(Y/N), could you get table five? Boss man is working me to the bone on these catering orders, I don't think I can cover it," your friend James asked as he tossed a few to-go boxes into a paper bag. You smiled at him and nodded, grabbing your notepad and rushing out onto the floor.

You took long strides over to table five and quickly took their order before rushing back to the kitchen and giving the order to the cooks. You ran back and forth between the kitchen and the floor until the rush slowed down. James had finished his big catering order and you were both taking a bit of a break.

"So, (Y/N)," James began, snatching a fry off of his plate and popping it into his mouth. "Got any plans for this weekend?"

You shrugged and grabbed a fry from him. "Not really. Probably just sitting at home watching movies. It's been a rough week. This two job deal is really wearing me out," you replied. He nodded understandingly.

"I get what you mean. Have you found any better jobs? You're more than qualified for basically anything. I might even trust you to be my brain surgeon if you play your cards right." 

You laughed, leaning against the wall and sighing. "I don't think I'm quite cut out to be a neurosurgeon."

"You know the word for it, that's a few leagues ahead of me," he comments with a shrug. You just grin at this and shake your head. You brush your hair back carefully, and James grabs your wrist.

"Whoa, heel boy," you tease. James rolls his eyes at you.

"Oh shut up, I'm looking at your tattoo," he says in exasperation. You chuckle and let him see it.

"Again? I swear, you're obsessed with this thing. It's just a soulmate tattoo, it's nothing special."

He huffs and peers at it even closer. "I know, I just... I feel like I've seen it somewhere, you know?" His voice was kind of distant, and you just shook your head with a light laugh.

"Whatever man, believe what you want. It's just a tattoo. It's not even that cool, just a rose with a thorny  stem wrapped around it. Kind of cliche if you ask me," you reply, looking down at your wrist in disdain. James shrugged and tossed his paper plate into the trash.

"Whatever killjoy, I think someone just walked in. I'll sit them down really quick." 

You nodded as he rushed off to greet the customers. You sighed as his footsteps got farther and farther away, and his cheery voice greeted the group. Your eyes wandered down to the tattoo on your wrist, and your fingers traced carefully over the intricate design. You began thinking about how there was probably no one else on the planet with that same tattoo in that same spot, and while one might think that this would be fascinating, instead it terrified you. The chances of you ever meeting the person you were meant to be with for the rest of your life were about half of the odds of you winning the lottery. They could be anywhere in the entirety of time and space, so how would you be one of those lucky people that ends out finding their soulmate?

The sound of glass shattering shocked you back into reality, and your head flew upwards so quickly that it slammed into the wall. You gasped, grabbing the back of your head and cursing under your breath. You ran off towards the floor, but you immediately ran into James before you could get out there.He grabbed your shoulders and shoved you backwards, his eyes wild and his chest heaving.