Jefferson - Grace's Party

Jefferson x Reader

Requested by @Alaaseba. Not sure how this turned out, and I'm so sorry it took so long! I wasn't sure what to do for this so I just kind of started writing something. The Once Upon a Time story line actually confused tf out of me sometimes so I'm scared to actually put anything in the story line. Plus I haven't really seen past the last episode that Jefferson was in... I hope this is okay! Enjoy!

"I really don't think it's that bad."

"Are you kidding me? This is awful! Ugh, Jefferson, do you even know anything about making a birthday cake?"

"Well... No, but I've read a lot about it. Besides, this looks fine! I don't see what's so wrong with it!"

You scoffed, pointing an accusing finger at the poor excuse for a cake. "Well for starters, the entire thing is tilting. It looks like it's always about to fall over."

Jefferson shrugged, slapping another slab of icing onto the cake. "I think the tilting gives it character, don't you?" 

You rolled your eyes in exasperation. "I can't believe you, Jefferson. And why are you adding so much icing? Give me that!" You snatched the icing knife away from him. A large smile spread across his face as he reached out to grab it back. You quickly moved it out of his reach again.

"Grace loves icing, come on! Please?"

"Oh really? Is it Grace that loves icing or you? I'm starting to think it's you," you commented with a grin. He simply shrugged in response, dipping a finger into the tub of icing and licking it off of his finger. You groaned. "You're such a child. Who would've thought that the Mad Hatter would be this much of a dork?" 

Jefferson put down the icing and wiped his hands off before walking over to you and pulling you towards him by your waist. "Only for you, darling," he replied in a singsong voice. You laughed and gave him a quick kiss before spinning out of his grasp.

"Okay! So we have the bouncy house, the balloons, the banner, the snacks, the drinks, the sad looking cake, what else is there? What are we missing?" You spun around the room, pointing at each thing as you said it and crossed it off of your list. Jefferson's eyebrows furrowed in thought.

"Errr... Oh! Pinata! We don't have the pinata!" He shouted. Your eyes widened.

"Oh my god, did you order the pinata?" You turned to look at him fearfully. His eyes widened in realization.

"Oh... That was my job, wasn't it...?" He cowered away as you gasped and groaned.

"Jefferson! Come on! You only had two jobs, and one of them was that thing!" You gestured to the falling cake behind him. "Alright, so we can go to the shop and see if they have any extra pinatas that we can have by tonight. Oh, but I really wanted her to have that specific one... She would've loved that... Do you think we could-"

"Sweetheart?"

"I mean we could go over there I guess and-"

"Honey?"

"Jefferson, one second, I'm thinking. If we just went out and spent a little bit looking I bet we could find something similar for her. I was hoping she would have something like-"

You finally stopped talking when to arms snaked around your waist and a head rested on your shoulder. Jefferson chuckled as he buried his face in your hair. "(Y/N), you know I was kidding, right?" 

You spun around to face him and put your hands on his chest. He pulled back slightly to look at you with a childish grin. "You're such a jerk!" 

He smiled at you. "But you still love me! I have to say, sounds like that's more your fault than it is mine, hm?" He pulled you into him again and hugged you tightly. "Thank you for doing this. It really does mean a lot to me..."