Chris Beck - Valentine's Day

Chris Beck x Reader

Valentine's Day imagine for Doctor Chris Beck, the cutie pie astronaut we all know and love. Enjoy!

"(Y/N)?" A voice shouted from somewhere inside the Hermes. You looked up from the book you were reading, one you had read numerous times since you first set out on the Ares III mission.

"What do you want now?" You shouted back, swinging your feet off of the bed and onto the floor, putting your book down with it still open to save your place. Doctor Chris Beck, the dashing flight surgeon for the mission that just so happened to be your boyfriend, came rushing into your room with a concerned look on his face. "Beck, oh my god, what's wrong?" You stood up fully and crossed the room in a couple of quick strides. "Is everyone okay?"

He took a breath before speaking. "I think the treadmill is broken."

You stared at him for a moment, expecting him to laugh and tell you what the real problem was. When he didn't, you scoffed. "Really?"

He looked a bit taken aback at your response. "What?"

"You are a world renowned surgeon with probably like a thousand degrees and enough technological capability to be sent on a Mars mission and successfully save a man's life using highly advanced technology, but you need my help to fix a treadmill?" You asked rhetorically. His eyebrows furrowed for a moment.

"Uh... Yes. Yes that's correct."

You rubbed your face with both hands, letting out a long sigh. "Okay... Okay fine, I'll fix it. Come on. But you're on cleaning duty!"

"Deal." He confirmed with a nod, leading you to the exercise room after letting you grab your tools. The whole way you had him explain what was wrong with it, but he couldn't seem to get the words out. He would never completely say what was wrong with it, he just kept insisting that, "it keeps doing a bad thing." Whatever that means.

As you reached the exercise room, you began to realize why he wouldn't tell you what was wrong. "B-Beck?"

He followed behind you, hands behind his back and a dark red blush sweeping across his face. "I, uh, I know it's not really romantic or anything, but I wanted to do something. I couldn't do anything too big or Commander Lewis would probably say that the relationship is getting in the way of the mission. I uh- anyways, it's Valentine's day back at home, and I didn't want us to miss our first Valentine's Day just because we're in space, so I tried to do something special. I'm really sorry if it's not enough, I didn't really have much to work with, so I-" You cut off his mindless babbling with a kiss, and you felt him immediately smile into it.

"Chris, this is amazing." The equipment had been set off to the side, the lights were dimmed slightly, and there was a little table set up in the center of the room with a tablecloth that you were sure was a bed sheet, two chairs, a candle, two plates of food, and two drinks. "Did you do this all yourself?"

"Yeah. Is it really okay?"

"Chris this is amazing, I can't believe you did this for me!" You wrapped your arms around his neck in a hug, and his arms wrapped around your waist from instinct. He pulled away and kissed your cheek quickly before taking your hand and leading you to the table. He pulled out a chair for you and you sat down so he could push it back under the table. He took his own seat, and you began to eat.

Your conversation was senseless and entertaining, and it never stopped. You went so freely from one subject to another, your conversation one of the most comfortable ones you'd had in years. The food, of course, was nothing gourmet, but it didn't matter. You had never been able to sit down with Chris like this and just have a proper date, and it felt amazing. You cared about him so much, you could almost even say-

"I love you." Chris blurted out. You looked up in surprise, eyes wide. His expression mirrored yours, his hand slapping over his mouth.

"W-what?"

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that, it just slipped out. I didn't mean to say that right now, oh my god I screwed up, didn't I?" He put his head in his hands in shame, and you reached a hand out and placed it on his arm.

"Chris..." You whispered. He didn't budge. "Chris, look at me." Slowly, he raised his head to meet your eyes. You gave him a small, genuine smile and shifted your hand so it was holding his. Your thumb rubbed the back of his hand affectionately. "I love you too."

Chris broke out into a smile. "Wait, you do?" You nodded and his smile grew. He jumped up from his place at the table, grabbing your hand and pulling you up out of your chair. He picked you up and spun you around before setting you down and pressing his lips to yours. You laughed a bit, wrapping your arms around his neck. You pulled away, pressing your forehead to his. "God, how did I get a girl like you?"

"Mysteries of the universe, my friend. That's what we're out here for," you replied, smirking playfully. He rolled his eyes.

"You're so mean to me, (Y/N)."

"Yet you still love me, what an interesting world this is." You kissed him once more before adding a more heartfelt comment. "But honestly, Beck, I can't believe I've got a guy like you. Happy Valentine's Day, Doc."

He was smiling like an idiot at this point, hands resting on your hips as he set you down on the ground. "Happy Valentine's Day, sweetheart."

Was that cute? I hope that was cute. I really hope that was cute. I hope it was cute and that the cute makes up for how short it is. That's what I'm hoping for. Next up: Sebastian Stan
Stay street, stay unlit, stay alive.