Bucky Barnes - MI6

Bucky Barnes x Reader

Requested by @crystaliaamaquelin. I spun the prompt a bit because I got hooked on this one idea, so I hope that's okay. :) I used some Romanian in here, but I don't exactly speak great Romanian so I'm not sure if what I said is correct. Please correct me if it's wrong so I can change it! Also, I referenced a change in fighting techniques for the reader that I only just realized seems to hint at the reader being female, but I promise that wasn't the intention. Terribly sorry about that!

//TW : plane crash//

You weren't sure where you were going, exactly. You weren't sure when you'd be back. You weren't sure if you were ever allowed to go back. At this point, there wasn't much that you could be sure of. It was exactly this feeling of helplessness that had your foot tapping nervously against the floor of the jet.

The dull drone of the plane's engine was the only backing track to your journey. You weren't allowed to bring any electronics with you. In fact, there wasn't much that you were allowed to bring. The only possessions of yours that you had were a couple of changes of clothes and some little items you had brought along in a small backpack that was slung over your shoulder. You had expected no less from such an agency to restrict your belongings, but it didn't mean you couldn't brood about it.

You tapped your fingernails lightly on the half empty glass sitting on the table in front of you. The sound was almost completely drowned out by the engines, and you huffed at the realization. There was nothing for you to do on this god forsaken plane. You could practically feel yourself dying of boredom.

"Any idea how much longer we've got?" You called out to one of the suited men standing at the door to the cockpit. He turned his gaze to you and checked his watch briefly.

"Shouldn't be too much longer, Agent (Y/L/N). The safe house has been prepared for your arrival. We have an hour max," he replied in reassurance. You gave a quick nod and melted into the seat cushions. You went back to your regularly scheduled silence, though begrudgingly, and began to trace various designs on the table using the water from your drink glass. Was it childish? Yes. Should a MI6 agent really be doing something like that when other agents are around? Probably not. Was that going to stop you? Never.

This entire trip was thrust upon you quite abruptly, so you hardly even tried to mask your discontent for your situation. You felt the burning flames of anger curling inside your stomach as you thought back to the man that started all of this. If only that man hadn't recreated the elusive super soldier serum. If only you hadn't been stupid enough to agree to a round of mysterious medication testing. If only you hadn't sat down and allowed yourself to be poked and prodded with needles until the coursing, throbbing pain seared through your veins. If only you hadn't been their first success.

If only the doctor hadn't gone mad with pride.

That one man and that one serum had completely destroyed everything you had worked so hard to build. If you had known what you were signing up for when they approached you for the tests, then you would have refused right then and there. It was only because of their rousing pitch about patriotism and honor that you agreed in the first place. Now you were being weighed down by the burden of a power hungry scientist on your tail and an intense case of He Man strength. MI6 decided that the only way to keep the serum safe - or what was left of it, anyways - was to hide it all away in various locations around the world. That included shipping you off to God-only-knows-where and leaving you there for as long as necessary. Unlucky for you, you understood that the danger of the situation never seems to dissipate, no matter how long you wait.

A sudden lurch of the plane ripped you away from your thoughts. Your body was thrown forward like a rag doll, and the impact of your stomach slamming into the table in front of you was enough to knock the wind out of you. The buzz of the engines began to fade slowly. As the sinking feeling settled in your stomach, your mind went into a panic.