Jefferson - Names

Jefferson x Betty

Requested by @EmmaLaRoux, this is soulmate AU where you have each other's names tattooed on your arms. I wasn't sure exactly how to have you guys meet, but I hope this is alright and I hope you enjoy! Also, I have a high demand right now for personal imagines, so I'm very sorry that many of these oneshots I am posting are not going to be x Reader! There WAS a Jefferson soulmate AU requested that is x Reader, so that one will be titled Jefferson - Soulmate. :)

Your gaze swept over the scenery of this strange little town that you called home. Storybrooke was a quaint little place, and you had always felt a connection to the people here. When the curse was broken and everyone remembered where they were from, it became much more clear why you felt so safe here. You were sitting on a bench at the local park. It was the end of fall and the beginning of winter, and there was a chilling breeze whipping around your form. A scarf was wrapped securely around your neck and a knit hat sat snugly on top of your head. In your gloved hands you gripped a hot drink that you sipped tentatively, fearful that it had not cooled down enough.

The steaming drink hit your top lip and you immediately hissed in pain, putting your drink down and wiping your mouth with your glove. You sighed sadly and turned your attention back to the nature all around you. The birds were chirping pleasantly in the trees and the scent of pine and rainwater surrounded you. You closed your eyes and took in the scene with the rest of your senses, humming in content.

Suddenly, your moment was cut off by the sound of a young girl letting out a quick squeal of fear. Your eyes snapped open and you stood up quickly, spinning on your heels to find the source of the sound. You rushed off towards the sound of rustling bushes and muffled sniffles.

You reached a hand out and pushed back the branches blocking your view. Your eyes landed on a young girl at the bottom of a dangerous looking hill, clutching her knee in pain. You saw her chest heaving a bit as she cried and tried to keep quiet. Your face contorted in concern and you stepped through the branches, making your way down the hill. The little girl looked up at you, her eyes wide and reddened. You smiled comfortingly and bent down to look at her.

"Hi there. Are you okay?" You asked softly. She frowned down at her knee and shook her head before looking at you silently. Your eyebrows furrowed and you took your gloves off before reaching a careful hand out to her knee. Before your hand made contact with her, however, you looked back up at her face. "Can I take a look?"

She nodded and slowly moved her hands away so you could see her injuries. Her pants had been completely ruined during the fall, and her knee was littered with scrapes and cuts. You saw a few other cuts scattered about her arms and legs, but her knee was especially bad. You took in a sharp breath and moved a bit closer to inspect it.

"Are you out here all alone?" You wondered aloud. She shook her head, wiping her nose on her sleeve.

"My papa and I were out here, but I lost him and I was trying to find him when I fell," she replied in a soft mutter. You nodded and looked around, wondering where her father might be.

"Well, we need to get you patched up and go find your dad. My name is Betty," you informed her, offering her your hand to shake. She took your hand and shook it weakly, but it was a shake nonetheless.

"I'm Grace," the little girl told you. You noticed that she had stopped crying and she seemed much calmer now. You smiled and stood up, picking Grace up and taking her back to your car. You sat her on the hood of your car and went to the trunk to grab your first aid kit.

"So what were you and your dad doing out here?" You asked her as you walked back over to her. She shrugged, swinging her legs carefully.

"We just come out here sometimes. It's nice to take walks out here sometimes. I've never lost him in here before, and I know he won't be taking this very well," Grace responded, watching you as you knelt down in front of her.