Bucky Barnes - End of the Line

Bucky Barnes x Reader

Feels. That's probably all that will come out of this. At least, that's what I'm going for.

//TW//

"I'm with you 'til the end of the line, Buck," you said dramatically, placing a hand on his arm and looking up at him with somber eyes. He sighed, slapping a hand to his forehead and dragging it down his face slowly in exasperation. 

"Please, stop," he muttered in annoyance. You grinned, shifting the basket of groceries on your arm to a more comfortable position. 

"What? I'm being honest. I won't leave you until we get to the cashier. We're in this together, pal," you teased him. Bucky simply groaned and stepped forward as another customer walked out the doors of the supermarket. "One step closer to the end..." You whispered fearfully, forcing back a smile. Bucky simply sighed and started putting his items on the belt.

"Whatever. So are we splitting the cost for this stuff?"

~

"Hey Bucky?"

"Yeah?"

"You know how long I'm with you?"

"Please don't say it."

"This is important, Buck. Do you understand how long I'm with you?"

"I'm serious, don't you say it."

"I'm with you..."

"I swear-"

"'TIL THE END OF THE LINE!" You shouted, pumping a fist in the air. Dozens of pairs of eyes shifted their gaze to look at you as a result of your sudden outburst, and you just smirked. Your arms crossed over your chest and you looked over at the annoyed Bucky Barnes. "Isn't that right, pal?" 

"I have no idea why I thought taking you to an amusement park would be a good idea. There are too many lines for you to stay with me 'til the end of," he replied quietly, still wary of anyone still watching him as his eyes cautiously swept the faces of each person in line for the roller coaster.

You grinned and leaned on his arm. "It's because you love me," you pointed out. He chuckled and looked down at you with a smile.

"I guess you're right, huh?" Bucky caved in, tilting your head up and planting a quick kiss on your lips.

~

"Where do you think it leads?" Clint asked, shifting his bow to his other arm and bending down to get a closer look at the center of your conversation. He began reaching his hand towards it, but you grabbed him just before his fingers could graze it.

"Well don't touch it, you idiot! We don't even know what this stuff is!" You scolded him, causing him to pout. Natasha laughed at his defeated expression from her place across from you.

"I say we follow it, see where it leads. Nothing good can come out of a line made of some strange powder. If we need backup when we get there, we can call for it, but I don't think we'll be needing it. No one we've come across so far has given us a very hard time," Bucky said, arranging a plan in his head. The three of you nodded in response, agreeing to his makeshift plan.

"Guess what this means, Buck?" 

"What does it mean?"

"It means-"

"Wait, crap, no. Never mind!"

"That I'm with you-"

"Not again..."