Chris Beck - Go Fish part 2

Chris Beck x Reader

Part two of Go Fish, as requested by @Reepicheep16 . This might be pretty short, but I hope you enjoy!

In all honesty, you hadn't meant to turn into a massive Go Fish extraordinaire in less than a week. It wasn't your initial plan in the slightest, but it had happened. You weren't sure you really liked the title, especially since you weren't actually good at the game.

You had continued your cheating methods with Johansson with the rest of the crew. Watney ended up throwing the cards at you and flipping you the bird on his way out, Lewis admitted defeat and simply walked out once you'd finished the game, and Martinez wouldn't give up. He had played you twice every day for six days straight, and he still hasn't realized that you're a big fat liar. He was determined to win against you, and you were honestly ready to just throw a game to make him happy.

You lounged back lazily in your chair, your set of cards in one hand as the other draped over the back of your chair. Martinez was completely engaged in the game, leaning forward and scanning the entire table for anything out of place. It was honestly a mystery how someone so observant could miss something as in-your-face as a series of knocks, but he was just a walking talking mystery apparently.

"Do you have any fours?" He asked seriously, gazing up at you over his cards. You sighed, nodding and tossing him your four of hearts. He cheered as if he had just won the game, and you laughed.

Johansson sat on a stool behind Martinez, one arm crossed over her chest as the other held a book open. Her eyes scanned the pages quickly, as there wasn't a single book on this ship that the entire crew hadn't read at least twice. "Martinez, I really think you should give this up. She's beat us all numerous times, and I don't think that's going to change any time soon," she commented passively. You had been surprised late at how impressive her acting skills were, and you couldn't have been more grateful for them.

"You never know! Maybe I'll catch her when she's off her game one of these days," Martinez replied optimistically, eyes still trained on the cards in front of him. You chuckled, shifting your own cards around in your hand. You tapped your foot three times, and watched as Johansson sneakily peered over Martinez's shoulder. She shook her head, and you sighed and tapped six times instead. She gave you a simple nod, looking back to her book.

"Got any sixes?" You asked nonchalantly, leaning back in your chair.

"What? How do you do this!" He shouted, his words more of a statement than a question. You grinned, holding out your hand for him to drop his card in. He did so and sighed. "This is insane. I don't get it! How can anyone be good at go fish?"

You shrugged, shuffling your small set of cards around. You could see a figure pass by the doorway. Chris Beck. He began to walk past, but stopped himself and took a step into the room as he realized what was happening. He stood in the doorway and crossed his arms over his chest, leaning against the door frame as he watched the scene unfolding in front of him. You swallowed the lump in your throat as you realized what he was doing.

Johansson realized this as well, turning to look at you quickly with wide eyes. You gave the smallest nod, one that you were almost afraid she had missed. Luckily, however, she simply turned back to her book and continued reading. You gave a quick look to Beck to make sure he had not noticed your exchange, sighing in relief as he watched the table.

"Got any twos?" Martinez asked. You groaned, tossing him your card. He smiles and gladly takes the card. Chris huffs lightly, annoyed that Martinez seemed to be doing better than he had.

You scanned your cards, your foot tapping out a number. Johansson gave a small shake of her head. You made a face and tapped another number. She nodded, and you quickly called it out. "Got any sevens?" Martinez tossed you his card begrudgingly.

"Aha!" Beck shouted, jumping forward. "I saw that! I know what you're doing!" He pointed an accusing finger in your direction, victory in his eyes.

"Wh-what? Chris, what are you talking about?" You asked, false fear and confusion in your tone. The flight surgeon scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"You know what I mean, (Y/N)! I saw you using Johansson to cheat!" He turned to Johansson now, who swallowed the lump in her throat and looked up from her book.

"Me? What? I didn't do anything! Why am I getting pulled into this?" She asked, a hint of sass edging her voice. Chris shook his head.

"Don't you two act innocent with me. I know that (Y/N) taps her foot for the number she has on her cards, and I know that Johansson looks at Martinez's cards and tells her whether he has the card or not. I knew you weren't actually good at go fish!"

Martinez kept turning his gaze to each person repeatedly, his mouth slightly ajar in confusion. "Wait, what? You've been cheating? Both of you? But you beat Johansson too!" He cried out into the argument, putting his cards face down on the table.

"Did she really? Did any of us actually see them play each other? All I know is that Johansson is always in the room behind whoever is up against (Y/N), and I know that I just saw her tapping out the number seven and waiting for Johansson to nod her head to play it. We've been tricked," Chris analyzed, his arms crossed over his chest. You sighed, slapping your cards down on the table and standing up.

"Okay, fine, we cheated. But it's you guys that took so long to figure it out, so blame yourselves too," you pointed out, mirroring Beck's stance. He looked down at you and chuckled.

"Whatever you say, (Y/L/N). But I did figure it out, and now you're doing half of my duties for a week," he replied, grinning. "And if you don't, I'll tell Watney and Lewis that you tricked them, and you know they would never let you live that down."

You groaned, your head drooping in shame. "Whatever, fine. I'll do half of your duties for a week." Beck cheered silently, smiling brightly. "You know I really hate you, right Beck?"

"You love me and you know it."

Hope you enjoyed that! I'm really sorry I haven't posted recently, I've been really busy with school and friends and other kinds of personal projects I've been trying to get done. I rushed this more than I would have hoped, so I hope it's okay! Comment any requests down below, or send them to me in a private message!
Stay street, stay unlit, stay alive.

In progress:

-Jefferson - The Visitor

-Bucky Barnes - End of the Line