~Love~

The rest of the the four years he spent in England. He worked in Bristol and visited London at her aunt's almost every week. His aunt kept insisting him to return to London and live with her so that she could take care of his health but he assured her every time that he was alright. One of the reasons to put her off was that she continually tried to persuade him to get married but he unconsciously turned his back towards this idea. The other reason was that she never stopped praising hareem. Though he didn't know her but had information about her enough to make her portfolio. She was a mathematics student, she was intelligent, she was very beautiful, she was quiet just like him...and all that that... He literally got annoyed by her name because he knew where all this could lead to, so he completely avoided it.

The first time Hareem visited aunt Nabiha's place Zohaib was there too along with Rehan. He had come to meet his aunt who had planned something else. She called Hareem too, without letting Zohaib know because she wanted two of them to meet, but Zohaib got a call from work and had to leave immediately. The place he had to go, was not at much distance, so he left and went on foot. Rehan was behind him but his aunt stopped him. She was upset. She asked Rehan to help her persuade him to get married as he was near 30's by now and needed a partner to take care of him. He satisfied her by saying that he surely would and left the room. He had reached garage when Hareem entered and mistakenly considered him to be Hammad. He inquired who she wanted to meet and he left telling her aunt was inside.

Rehan worked on his assignment and tried to convince him for marriage now and then.

"Why do you not want to get married!!? You're 30 now!"

"I know, but I haven't thought about it yet..." Rehan cut him off.

"Yet..?? Is there still a 'yet'?? " Zohaib continued with hi paper work as if he had not listened to what he had said.

"Can I be honored to know the reason?" Rehan raised one of his eyebrows. Zohaib sighed,

"There is no reason...why don't you both get it..I...I...don't want to..." Rehan once again cut him off but this time his face turned white at what his friend said.

"...Because you love that girl, for last 6 years and no one knows where she is...if she would be single anymore or married by now..."

He could not say a word.

The second time Hareem visited aunt Nabiha's place after a few years, Zohaib had taken a week off from his job. His asthma problem had gone wild once again and he had to be taken to a hospital in an emergency. Rehan informed his aunt and brought him here and now was at his aunt's place, in his room. Aunt was really worried about him. Rehan was in the kitchen to fill a glass of water for Zohaib when he saw Hareem enter. She glanced at him once and went straight to aunt's room without even saying salam. He thought she might be rude. He went to Zohaib and gave him the medicines. Then he asked him to take some rest but he insisted to sit in the lounge as he was feeling suffocated. He went to sit there while Rehan went out of the house for some work. He had rested his head back when he heard someone coming down the stairs. He thought it strange because this was a nap time for his aunt while Rehan was not home. Who else could it be? As the reflection passed by the lounge his breathe stopped and heart seemed to forget to beat. It was her. How could he forget her face? How could he not recognize the person after whom he himself ruined his life? Left all the luxuries? Spent 6 years of his life in pain!? She had not even glanced his way. He could not think of anything for a moment, then jumped up from the couch, as if he was given an electric shock. He ran towards his room to bring the car keys and dashed out of the house. She was long gone but he had to find her this time. He flew the car about in the streets but could not see her anywhere. His heart was sinking and hands were perspiring. He turned his car to another street and kicked the breaks all of a sudden, as the tires screeched, for what he saw, exploded his heart. A stranger was snatching her bag wildly from her shoulder while she was struggling to let go but was failing. This was when he lost all his senses. He does not remember what happened to him or what took over. The only thing he remembers was that he crashed open the door of the car and went flying towards them like a wild lion. He pounded upon the thug and pinned him to the street. Hareem was lying on the floor after losing her conscious. He did not know how come he gathered so much strength that he gave sharp blows on his face with his tight fists.