Farewell

He got attached with all the kids. The environment of the orphanage felt familiar and homely. He had read the whole Quran pak for once. He prayed his five prayers regularly no matter how much busy he got.

Everyone was busy preparing for the big event that was just a few days away. There was going to be a conference of international NGOs and a fancy dress show for kids. Children were so much excited that they slept late at night deciding what their costumes should look like. The NGOs were funding the orphanage.
Zohaib too was very happy for the children as this was the first ever big scale activity they got to participate in.
On the other hand he was still struggling with his inner chaos that never let him have peace.
Rehan too remained busy in making arrangements. He had told Zohaib that he had a surprise for him which he would disclose on the day of event. Zohaib couldn't think of anything that might surprise him so he never gave it a thought.

The day arrived. The orphanage was decorated all over. Kids, including Naveen, were dressed in lively colors. He received the guests. It was when an aged woman saw him and enveloped him in a big hug. He got startled and could not at first recognize her. It was his aunt Nabiha. She took him by his arm to a silent corner and cried over his condition. So many questions were being asked from him, but this was the first time in his life when he felt delighted at heart to see that there was at least someone on this earth who had a relation with him. She caressed him like a mother and he kept silent for most of the time.

She wanted to sit and talk to him for hours but had to wait for the ceremony until it got over. She told him that she was going to take him with her to London. This was when he spoke up and refused  saying that this was where he belonged now. This orphanage was his home and he wanted to take care of the children here, for they needed him but she shocked him after telling that she was here to take hold of this orphanage. She was working for an NGO and was here as a representative. She told him that the kids here would have a better life as the NGO would provide the complete financial aid. At this he couldn't speak.

Rehan fianlly disclosed the surprise saying that he and Zohaib were being offered a job in an NGO in London. He was completely puzzled during the whole ceremony. He wanted to stay here, but his aunt was forcing him to go with her and now Rehan had confused him with a job proposal.

Later when the ceremony was over Rehan brought aunt Nabiha with him and introduced him to Zohaib, saying that this was the lady, the NGO of whom was offering them the job. He was surprised by the coincidence and felt as if this was what Allah desired. They both told Rehan about their relation which took him by surprise. Zohaib was left with no choice. His only reason to stay here was that he wanted to work for the orphanage as they needed financial aid but this problem got solved on its own so he was left with no choice.

On his last day at orphanage he said farewell to all the people who had stood by him in his hard times. Miss Sara was the kindest soul to him on Earth while the kids there became a vital part of his life unknowingly. He learnt a lot during his two-years stay at orphanage, not just about his work but about life. He learned how to be humble, how to take care of the people around and most of all he learned about his Lord, about Quran, the things he never knew. He met all of them and then went to Naveen. She was already informed about his departure. She had shut herself in her room for the whole day and did not eat anything. He tried to calm her down and told her that she was going to have a very bright future ahead.

"Some people come in our lives just to leave us...so don't be sad. I'll stay in your heart." he knelt in front of her to face her. "...only if you want to keep me there." 

He chuckled while she stood with furrowed eyebrows and red cheeks. Tears constantly trickled down her eyes.

"I'm hearing something about your adoption, soon you're gonna have a new home and parents too. You're gonna have a very bright future ahead."