FATE

Assalam o alaikum readers! :)
This is QUITE a lengthy chapter...I got really emotional writing it....so get ready....get yourself a comfortable seat to sit while a "Surprise" is waiting for you in here :) Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!

She looked at her aunt not believing her ears.
Both the ladies awaited her reply. Suddenly she chuckled, struggling to get up and sit straight.

"You must be kidding me."

The aunts looked at each other in astonishment.

   *****

"Ammi we should not waste our time talking about useless things."

Hareem carelessly replied to Amna over skype, clustering her hair back and looking for a hair band.
Rubina had discussed the proposal with Amna and Ibad, upon which they cheered up and finally found a hope of their daughter's happiness.

"Why is this useless Hareem? Talking about marriage is not useless." She almost yelled at her, with furrowed eyebrows.
Hareem looked at the screen, harshly.

"Ammi you know this is not possible."

"..And why is this is not possible?"

"..Because." She burst out but stopped suddenly and gulped. She could not go any further. She looked indifferently at her.

"Okay you want me to marry him, fine, tell him everything about my past and if he still agrees, I'll give my consent too."

She found an escape and diverted her gaze to her nails. She knew he would not agree at all. After all she did not have a pleasant past at all, and this was the only way to get out of this irritating situation. She could never think of getting married, she did not know why. Anyways she found this as the only way to stop everyone from convincing her over an impossible thing to happen.
Amna stared at her in disbelief and shock.

"Hareem! you are out of your mind! Why are you doing this to yourself!!? Do you not want to be happy??"
Amna's voice trembled.

"Ammi I am not gonna keep the man, I'll marry, in darkness. I have no desire to start a life with a big lie."

Her voice was firm and determined.

Amna sighed hopelessly looking at her.

    *****

Amna put forth the matter in front of Ibad.He too became hopeless at Hareem's decision but there was no other way to convince her. They were hopeless. They had not even the slightest hope that Hammad would agree. But they thought he would not be getting married to Hareem in any way, why not to tell him and give it a try though it was useless.
They discussed it with Rubina and asked her to talk to Hammad in secrecy.

   *****

"Hareem!!!!" it was aunt Rubina who was calling out her excitedly and was heading towards her room quite fast.
Hareem was lying lost in her thoughts as usual not sleeping. She got up as soon she saw her aunt enter

"Hareem!!!" Oh my child..!!" She enveloped her in a tight hug startling Hareem. She held an inquisitive expression.

"What happened..?"

Her aunt finally pulled away from the hug and looked at her with tearful eyes and a motherly smile. Hareem looked at her in shock.

"I'm so happy for you darling!..." She wiped the happy tears.

Hareem arched her eyebrow inquisitively and indifferently. There was no point for her to be happy now, she thought.

"Hammad still wants your hand. He says he..."
She could listen only this far and went into a state of paralysis. It seemed like an electric shock, like sand getting out of his hand, like a train moving out of her reach. She jumped from the bed.