The 'misfit'

He moaned as his iPhone continued to shriek, and finally slid the pillow away from his face, irritated. He grabbed his phone and without even daring to open his eyes, and see who had courage enough to interrupt his deep sleep, and glance at the screen, picked it up.

"WHAT???" he shouted, not caring a bit, who on the other side was, his eyes still shut and his hair were all messed up at his clear forehead.

"Z.A (Zohaib Asfand) !! oh darn man! You're still in bed?? Wake up already princess, its 8 in the morning, you forgot we have a recording today." it was nomi, the co-vocalist, in his band.

It was when his opened wide at once to glance at the wall clock, "Oh! Darn it!" he exclaimed hopelessly, how could he miss such an important event. Music was all that he loved dearly so he never compromised upon it but last night when he came home, he was so drunk that he had capacity just enough to jump into the bed as he was, he could not find time to set the alarm.

"I'll be there in 15 minutes", he hung up, jumped from the bed rubbing his flaming eyes hastily, his head was heavy and the vision still so blurry that he could barely see the crease of the curtains just in front him but as he had already was late so he stepped down from the bed searching for his sleepers. Music, the passion ha brought him this further,  since childhood, it was his dream to be a rock star having fame and money enough to make him happy, kick the whole world out of his way, and buy himself every happiness, he desired.

He rubbed his aching head as he headed towards the bathroom, and came out all dressed and ready to set out on his way to the studio. He looked fresh. Though he was dressed casually in his white T-shirt and Armani jeans, but he looked perfect. Standing in front of the mighty mirror, he steadily combed his hair all the way back.

"Mirror, mirror on the wall..." he whispered to himself with a smile while combing. This mirror was always this faithful, it always showed him the face of himself that he wished to see.

Looking at the reflection of 'ever-green' picture in the mirror, he winked with a smirk. He grabbed his guitar, hanging it around one of his shoulder and grabbed a piece of bread with butter. Taking hasty bites he stepped out from his apartment, and froze there for an instant. suddenly, annoyed expressions took over his face, as he blabbered and kicked his way out of the several red rose bouquets that lied at his threshold with small cards on them having morning greetings from his fans. He hated those flowers and the people who clung to him. He muttered and cursed the fresh flowers as he cruelly stepped over them, crushing out their delicate souls.

__________________________________________________________

"O my God, I am so happy for you, hareem, congratulations", Tehreem, leaned forward to hug life out of hareem, who was almost starting to choke."

"ok Tehreem I got it! you're happy for me, set me free now." Hareem uttered the words with difficulty as tehreem had clutched her tightly. Tehreem was the best friend of hareem since her school time. Their families had met a number of times at different times.

"so when is the marriage ceremony??" she asked jumping with excitement, tehreem had been out of station visiting his uncle I Lahore so she could not attend the engagement.

"just after a month", hareem replied in a soft tone, blushing.

"wow, I'll go with you for the shopping, as your taste just toooo bad!" tehreem waved her hand saying clearly to at her face.

hareem, smacked the side of her head, and sipped her coffee, they were sitting in the cafeteria of their university, as this was their free hour.

"Omar Bhai must be looking dashing, as your blushes tell the tail", tehreem exclaimed with child-like expressions on her face. hareem blushed a little and glared at her and was about to crush her head with the vase placed on the table, in front of her, when some of tehreem's friends, Ayesha, ammara and noor came jumping and dancing with over excitement. Hareem's friendly expressions at once changed in a cold look.

"Tehreem!!!!" that was Ayesha who almost tore apart the ear drums of people sitting nearby, tehreem looked up to her, astonished

"guess what??" she tried to keep the suspense intact for a moment or not, Ammara and noor looked equally excited.

"you're getting married too?? NOOO Why not me???" tehreem became depressed while assuming the details herself.

"O you fool! i better tell you before you start to plan our futures" Ayesha shook her head, "Zohaib Asfand and band are gonna have a concert in our university!!" Ayesha shrieked with glittering eyes. Ammara and noor too jumped gleefully. Tehreem's mouth dropped open, she was the biggest fan of zohaib asfand on earth, as she liked being called that. Tehreem and her friends, unlike hareem, did not wear hijab, they listened songs, wore jeans while hareem was too simple to fit in with the gathering, as she was feeling right now.

Tehreem jumped from her seat and swirled around going crazy.

"O Gosh zohaib asfand would be just right in front of me, O he is just so handsome." Tehreem stared in the air as if he was right there in front of her.

hareem sat quietly observing all the drama. Tehreem's friends were never among the people she liked to talk to or have friendship with, not just them, she did not like to have friendships with people so modern as them  to her they were the people who disobeyed the islamic principles and she never wanted to have a chat with such people. Yes, but tehreem was different for her, though she dressed completely like others, not caring for her dupatta or sash. This was because they had grown together, went to same schools, colleges and now in university they were still together, to sum it up she was her best friend and how could she be judgmental about her. Still she used to advise her all the time to be like her. 

"tehreem I've gotta go get a dress for myself to wear in the concert, what would you be wearing by the way." ammara stood up.

"oh yes, i too have to buy a perfect outfit for such a great event." tehreem clasped her hands unconsciously, she suddenly saw hareem sitting, whom she had forgotten for a while.

"what are you gonna wear?" she looked concerned.

hareem rose her eyebrows, in surprise.

"what? Me? No? don't you know that i don't attend any of such functions." Hareem said abruptly refusing. She did not listen music and never went to such an event.

"yeah right I know, but this time you're gonna go with me, don't you remember my birthday is just around the corner, can't you attend it for me." tehreem asked with an innocent hopeful face.

Hareem, stood up.

"I am sorry tehreem, i can do anything for you but this." hareem picked her bag and patted her ch softly and went away, while everyone looked at her leaving.

"now what?" noor asked, tehreem looked disappointed, but suddenly cheered up.

"don't you worry i'll convince her, she's my best friend after all, she'll be coming with us." She said determined, "by the way when is the concert?" she turned towards them.

"three days to go." Ayesha winked at her as they clapped their hands.

Hope you enjoyed :) don't forget to vote and comment!