Friends!

He sat in a state of disbelief while Rehan left the room. He had to wake up for fajr...

                         *****

"Come on inside, its about time." 

Rehan told Zohaib to follow him inside the masjid (mosque). Zohaib looked at him dumbfounded as if he could not understand his language. I would explain him before going inside. He tried to relax his nerves but God knows why he could not open his mouth simply just to tell him that he could not pray or that he was a sinner. He could not tell him, who was walking just ahead of him. He could have stopped him by stretching his hand a little to pat his shoulder and tell him that he was not going to do this but he could not gather courage. His heart thumped against his chest.

What am I doing??

He thought, while sweat started to cluster on his wet face after ablution. 

I do not belong here...This isn't right...

They reached the threshold. Rehan entered the masjid while he could not move. His vision started to black out. This doesn't feel right. He had sinned, he couldn't do this while he was lost in the unending valleys of sin. Could he?

"Zohaib! come on it's getting late!" Rehan called him from somewhere but he was not in his senses. All his life flashed in front of him. All of that he had been doing all his life, he had gambled, he had been drinking, abusing and what not and now he was here on the clean threshold of a masjid.

He stepped in and shuddered. He walked slowly towards him and stood beside him. He rose his brown eyes and looked at his surroundings. People in shalwar kameez lined up in an organized fashion and stood ready for the imaam to call out the takbir. His vision blurred now and then, sweat was stinging his eyes. He gulped.

"Allahu Akbar!" (Allah is the greatest) 

Imaam called out in the mike as the hands of the muslims swung up and got folded. Everyone bowed eyes and heads in front of their Almighty creator not daring to look up, while Zohaib stood blankly looking ahead of him. He neither said takbir nor started the prayer. People were reciting the verses of surah Fatiha. He stood still like a dead statue.

"Please to be Allah, the Lord of the worlds!"

You've ruined me!

"The compassionate the merciful!" 

You've ruined my life...! His breathes became irregular, it was suffocating, he was about to choke.

"Master of the day of Judgement!"

You're a monster!

 A sharp pain arose in his abdomen penetrating his stomach. He shut his eyes forcefully, then opened again.

"You alone do we worship, and You alone do we ask for help!"

I'll never forgive you...! 

Something was building up, he knew that...

"Guide us to the straight path!"

What are you?? An angel?? or a God..!?!?

All the voices mingled up in his head.

"The path of those whom you have favored! not of those who earn your anger nor of those who go astray!"

And what did you just say....? love!!!??

He heard himself chuckle. His eyed turned red as he tried to control the pangs of pain.

It's the biggest piece of crap I've ever heard..!