C H A P T E R - T W E L V E (I)

C H A P T E R — T W E L V E
( P A R T  O N E )

Touching him was like realizing all you ever wanted was right there in front of you.
Memorizing him was as easy as knowing all the words to your old favorite song.
Fighting with him was like trying to solve a crossword and realizing there's no right answer.
Regretting him was like wishing you never found out that love could be that strong.

Red

****************

It's been over a week now, since the day of my birthday and of our relationship.

My life in school is nothing like how it was before. It's not normal anymore.

I remember the next day after the day of my birthday. Of what happened when I entered my classroom. I was late that day so I missed my bus. And so, I was also late for the class. (Nothing unusual for the starter?

But the moment I entered the classroom, my whole class was hooting, some even whistling looking at me. I was startled, surprised and shocked. I didn't know what was happening. Why were they all shouting.

But then Aliya came to my side and hushed everyone, telling them to be quite.

"What's happening?", I leaned over her and muttered, still in shock.

"The perks of dating a celebrity, Kavya", she replied in same muttering tone while she ushered me towards my seat.

"How the hell did you even managed to do it?", A girl, Nancy, who sits right behind me said the moment me and Aliya took our respective places on our chairs.

"Excuse me?", I turned back to ask her.

"How did you manage to make The Amaan Khan likes you? You are not even pretty", she made a frowning face as she looked at my messy ponytail.

I blinked few times, taken aback by what she has said. I open my mouth to answer her... which I am still not sure what I was going to say but Aliya once again beat me into this.

"Oh, she has so much better things to offer than you can even think about skins and bones", she had said with the most disgusting face she can manage to make while she scanned Nancy's skinny frame up and down.

I can see Nancy flaring her nose in anger and she was about to throw another insult, this time probably to my best friend but then we heard a loud, but calmed voice over the chattering of other students.

"Silence everyone."

It was Amaan's authoritative voice that made every mouth shut present in the classroom, including Nancy's as well.

This made me look over from where this voice came from. Amaan was sitting at his usual place, at the last bench. But there was that angry look on his face which I have witnessed once before. During our first ever argument when I had told him that his feelings for me were not sincere. And he was looking... actually buring imaginary holes to where Nancy was sitting.

This time everyone else was startled by Amaan's voice, including Aliya as well. Amaan have never spoken (forget shouting) in the class before, except for the importance announcements related to school stuffs. And I'm sure they never had seen Amaan angry before.

Everyone actually became quite after that, probably too scared of Amaan to even hush among themselves.

"The perks of dating a celebrity...", Aliya said once again, but this time with teasing tone.