C H A P T E R - T E N

|NEVER FORGET YOU|

C H A P T E R — T E N

You can be the prince and I can be your princess
You can be the sweet tooth I can be the dentist
You can be the shoes and I can be the laces
You can be the heart that I spill on the pages

You can be the vodka and I can be the chaser
You can be the pencil and I can be the paper
You can be as cold as the winter weather
But I don't care as long as we're together

Don't know if I could ever be
Without you cause boy you complete me
And in time I know that we'll both see
That we're all we need...

Cause you're the apple to my pie
You're the straw to my berry
You're the smoke to my high
And you're the one I wanna marry...

Song- Perfect Two, Auburn.

***************

"So...?", I asked, lowly, my eyes admiring the view of our still entwined hands that where were resting on his lap.

"So...", Amaan repeated after me, his thumb rubbing small circles on the back of my hand, unconsciously.

"Amaan...", I demanded, tilting head up to look at him.

"Kavya...", he said in the same tone of mine as he look back at me.

"Are you going to say something, or not?", I asked, raising both of my eye brows.

"What do you want me to say?", he asked, leaning his body over the back rest of the swing and tilted his head up, looking at the stars covered evening sky. His Adam's apple more prominent than usual because of his tilted neck. I had to look away, not wanting to stare at those tempting neck anymore. I fixed my gaze at the front instead.

It's been almost an hour now, since we... well... kissed.

The sun was set and the half shadow moon was now shinning over our heads with the scent of the jasmine stronger in the air, almost overwhelming the scent of every other flowers.

None of us had said anything after we broke away from the kiss. We just sat side by side, on the slowly moving swing, enjoying each others presence, in comforting silence. And I had specifically avoided to looked into his eyes. I don't know how to... after the enchanting first kiss.

I was still trying to process the fact that I really had my first kiss. And it was with the love of my life.

"What do you mean..."  I decided to ask, "...by 'me too'?"

"What do you mean by "I have never done this before"?", he question back, slyly.

"Right. You mean to say you have never kissed anyone before?"

"Is that too hard to believe?", Amaan straighten up and face me again.

"No... Not hard. I just... didn't expected it. I mean, judging by the amount of fan followers you have..."

"I'm sorry, what fan followers, exactly?", he looked intrigued as he interrupted me.

"Yeah, like you don't know", I rolled my eyes, remove my hand out of his and crossed it around my chest.

Is he trying to mock me?

"I... seriously don't, Kavya. Enlightened me", he said with frown between his eyes.