C H A P T E R - E I G H T

|NEVER FORGET YOU|

C H A P T E R - E I G H T

Song- Love Story, Taylor Swift

----------

"US"
It's weird how something so simple can bring a smile to my face, isn't it? The fact is that just the thought of me and him can do that. Just the thought of the word 'us' being applied to the two of us can make me so happy.

Unknown

***************

It was just two days left for The Annual day, and I was sitting inside my almost empty classroom, doing absolutely nothing. Except for thinking. About everything going in my life right now. I tilted my head to one side while resting my head on my palm, looking out of the open classroom window, observing students and teachers outside who were busy with their given respective works.

A group of students, probably from students council members were hanging fairy lights all around the campus. Another group was decorating the entrance gate. Few workers were arranged to help staff members with the seating arrangements and decoration for the auditorium hall. At one side of the campus ground two students and one teacher were sitting on chairs arranged, I assume making the list of guests who were invited. And rest of the students who were participants were busy with their rehearsals and costumes fittings including my both dance groups.

Everything felt so surreal. Everyone was doing something. And I was just sitting here, in the deserted classroom, enjoying the view. And also smiling to my own self.

I was never the girl who just sit around, doing absolutely nothing and smiling like a fool for no reason.

It made me wonder- what changed?

"Hey", someone called, breaking my trance.

"Hi", I smiled in reply, turning my head around to look at Amaan who was making his way to where I was sitting.

"What are you doing here, all by yourself? You know, everyone is looking for you. We have epic dance rehearsal to do if you don't remember?", he said with amusement as he took the seat beside me, like he knows some kind of private joke that I don't.

"Just... thinking", I shrugged casually, but my heart was anything but casual. It was racing. It was jumping, and it was dancing. It do everytime Amaan is around me. Specially now when he's sitting right beside me.

"About?..", he was looking at me, I know he do. But I didn't look back. I kept my focus opposite to him, out of the window. Trying to calm my racing heart.

"Everything that's going around here lately. This whole Annual day thing. What are you doing here anyway?", this time I turned my head to look at him, purposely changing the topic.

"Like I said everyone is looking for you. So, I came to fetch you. Now get up. Rehearsal, remember?", he stood up abruptly and forward his hand for me to take it. "Let's go before your best friend thinks I'm trying to kidnap you, again", he added, slyly this time.

I innocently avoided his hand by pretending to zip my bag, looking down, like I didn't see him asking for my hand. "Let's go", I then stood up and we at last made our way out of the classroom, side by side. Our shoulders almost brushing. It gave me goosebumps. I look at him through the corner of my eyes.

Now I know what changed.

It was Amaan. Amaan and his beautiful ocean eyes. His charming personality and heartwarming smile.