C H A P T E R - O N E

|NEVER FORGET YOU|

(Part One)

C H A P A T E R - O N E

I have been loving you since I was eleven,
But can't tell you when you are everything I'm not.
I don't know how to approach you,
Cause a girl approaching is still taboo.
I don't know what to give as reaction,
When you are in question.
I am your own little stalker,
A little more than your secret admirer.
You are unaware of my existence,
But I am affected by only your presence.
Hope things will change for better,
Hope one day we will be together.

Unknown

***************

It was just another day, yet, beginning of a new story.

MY story.

"Mum?..", I called for my mother from my room, searching through my dishevelled wardrobe, looking for my missing school tie. "Where's my tie?" I added, this time bending down to look under my already messed up bed, to locate my uniform tie. Maybe I had left it somewhere under the bed.

Stupid stupid tie. Why can't they have mind and legs of their own? So that they can come to me wherever I ask them to. Or whenever I lost them, to be precious.

Or maybe I can just 'accio' them...

...Never mind.

When I didn't hear her reply as I was crunching under my bed, it made me call for her again, this time louder than before. I know that she knows where my supposed tie is. She always knows everything. "Please mum, you have to help me. I have been looking all over my room, it's nowhere. Please come and help me, you know I'm already getting late for school", I keep ranting, almost shouting so she can hear me from my room, because my mother is, like always, busy in her beloved kitchen, doing her daily courses. And here I am, busy with search operation of my school uniforms everywhere inside my room, but didn't find it yet, much to my irritation.

Winter vacations are over, and today is the first day of school, so you can probably guess my condition why I'm running here and there, searching for my missing school uniforms everywhere.

Mom shouted back from her kitchen itself, "just check under your bed covers, I'm sure it must be there." And guess what? It was there. Indeed.

Like I said, mum knows everything.

"Thank-you mom, got it", I shouted again, ladylike this time.

When I was finally done getting ready, I walk out of my room with my backpack hanging loosely over my left shoulder. Mum is still inside the kitchen when I reach the dining hall.

"See you after school mum, byeee...", I greeted her goodbye for the day before grabbing an apple from the fruit basket and throwing it inside my bag. When I made my way out of our three BHK apartment, I can hear my mother shouting for me to stop and to have my breakfast whilst I skipped the stairs. But I keep going, not waiting for her, or for the lift to reach me, because I know my mother. She is a lovely lady. Very lovely, mind you. And I love her very much. But you really don't want to face her intimidating self once she decided to corner you. I'm already very late to listen to her daily dose of lectures about her telling me how careless I am, and that I should not skip breakfast as it's the most important meal of the day and etcetera etcetera.

I ran to the bus stop just a block away from the society building where I live, praying desperately to every name of God and Goddesses I remember that I can make it on time, but guess what?