Medicine

"Oh Sweetheart, don't bother. Just give me a minute, and I'll be straight over."

Josh watched as Simon sprinted across the landing, snatching a few sweets from the Quality Street tin he'd left on the side.

"Where you going?"

"Where do you think?"

Josh smiled, and shook his head.

"Tell him I say hi."

"I will do."

Josh watched him leave the house, and let out a relaxed sigh.

---

Simon looked up at the house as he rolled into the pavement by the side. He could see that the car was in, which meant Ethan's dad was back from work, which was strange, because he usually worked late.

He locked his car, and walked up to the door. The breeze was incredibly cold, and it stung him, and so he wanted to get inside as quick as possible.

He knocked twice, and watched as the handle pulled. He looked up, meeting a tall man with glasses and brown hair.

"Hello, Simon."

"Hi!"

Ethan's father let Simon in, who smiled, and nodded to him.

"Ethan is upstairs. He's been moaning for you all day."

Simon chuckled.

"Typical him."

He took a deep breath, and unlocked the door. It was warm and toasty inside, unlike the cold of outside, and Simon was already prepared to stay for the night.

"Hey."

Simon heard a sniffle, and made his way over to the double bed, watching as a small, yet adorable face turn to look at him.

"Hi..."

Simon smiled, and placed a hand on Ethan's forehead.

"Oh wow, you're warm. What's wrong?"

"I don't know..." Ethan muttered, slowly sitting up, watching as Simon's hands moved down his face. "I woke up sick."

"Poor you." Simon shook his head, before gently leaning in to kiss Ethan's forehead. "Get well soon."

"So, how's your day been?"

"Alright. They've all been doing their usual, JJ's staying over for a while." Simon sat down on the bed next to Ethan, who shuffled closed so he was snuggled into Simon's side. "Josh says hi, by the way."

Ethan smiled, and Simon watched as he looked away to sneeze and wipe himself down.

"Oh Eth.."

He whimpered, and nudged himself into Simon.

"Come here, I need you..."

Simon chuckled to himself, and shuffled under the sheets, wrapping one arm around Ethan, who lay his head on Simon's shoulder and closed his eyes.

"Mm..."

"Oh you..."

Ethan smiled.

Simon looked up, watching as the door swung open. At the door stood Ethan's father, who smiled and moved his way over to Ethan.

"Ethan,"

He opened one eye, and looked at his dad, who was waving a bottle of medicine.

"Come on, you've got to take it."

"But dad," Ethan's arms snaked around Simon's waist and he clung on, blinking at his dad. "Simon's my medicine."

Mr Payne looked at Simon, who shrugged, but smiled nether the less.

"Alright, keep him healthy Simon. I know how much you love him."

Simon laughed, and Mr Payne ruffled his hair.

"See you boys later. And remember, Ethan, you're sick, so absolutely no sex."

With that, he left the room and the two laughing boys behind.

-I uploaded again because this was next on the list, and I really like this one.-