Chapter 13: Words can Hurt

Chapter 13

The bell rung and everyone left maths.

"So. What did Sweetie want to talk to you and Joy about?" Amber questioned Nina.

"How do you know?" Nina answered back with a question.

"Eddie told us everything. Even about Mrs. Summers trying to kidnapp you", Amber said as if it was all no biggy.

"Oh, which do you want to hear first?" Nina uncomfortably asked.

"I want to hear all about what went on with you and Joy", Amber dragged Nina to the common room.

"Ok, well. Mr. Sweet thought it would be a good idea for Joy and I to be paired together in history, science and math", Nina said before Mara came in screaming.

"I'm a lady!" Mara ran in screaming and then squeezed KT who was in the corner.

"Mara I could help you with your finances", Jerome suggested.

"I'm a lady! You're dad is a thief! Your the last person I'd choose!" Mara commented.

Everyone gasped and Jerome made a sad expression.

"Mara", Jerome mumbled to Mara.

"What can't take sass talk?" Mara was suddenly being mean.

"Mara, I didn't do anything", Jerome suggested he did something wrong.

"Your cheating on me!" Mara knew everyone was around.

"No I'm not! Why would you think that?!" Jerome was confused and angry.

"You and Joy have been spending too much time together!" Mara screamed with pitty.

"Mara...I can't believe you'd think that", Joy heard the whole thing and then ran off crying.

Everyone else in the room stared at Jerome and Mara.

"I'm done with you Jerome!", Mara then ran off.

"What just happened?" Jerome looked around as if expecting answers.

"Wait. So dude, you were going out with Joy and Mara", Alfie came up and asked.

"No! I've just been spending a lot of time with Joy!" Jerome glared at Alfie and jogged away.

"Wow. That got intense", Amber mumbled to Nina.

"I hope they're all ok", Nina felt bad for Joy, after she just apologised.

Suddenly Fabian along with Eddie came in chatting.

"Nina, Amber. Did you see Jerome run off crying? He was like a baby", Eddie laughed.

"Mara just dumped him", Amber gave Eddie a 'you're such a dope' look.

"Oh...I didn't know", Eddie was really awkward.

Eddie tried to change the subject, "So eh...what did my dad want to talk to you about?"

"Nothing much. Just he's pairing Joy and I in math, history and science", Nina sighed slightly but no one seen.

"Why?" Fabian eventually joined in, in the chat.

"After last year he thinks it's a good idea to do all this", said Nina.

"Oh ok", Eddie and Fabian both said at different times.