Chapter 11: Mistakes

Chapter 11

*Knock, knock* "Come in", Mr. Sweet ordered from inside his office.

"Oh, Edison, it's you. How are you? You look awfully pail", Mr. Sweet stood up and walked over to his son.

"D-dad...I need to tell you something", Eddie was now stuttering.

"What is it?" Mr. Sweet was getting inpatient.

"This eh...this friend of mine got kidnapped. But, he's afraid to tell his dad. Would his dad be angry with him?" Eddie explained him being kidnapped in a strange way.

"Ha ha ha! Is this a joke?" Mr. Sweet started to laugh.

"Ha ha! Yeah, I guess", Eddie scratched the back of his head.

"So Edison-" Mr. Sweet began to talk but Eddie intruppted him.

"Eddie! It's Eddie", Eddie put his hands out in annoyance.

"Sorry Eddie. How is the new teachers doing- Mr and Mrs Summers?" Mr. Sweet asked Eddie.

"I haven't seen Mrs. Summers yet but I don't like Mr. Summers", Eddie said to his dad hoping for a nice enough reply.

"But why?" Mr. Sweet replied with a question.

"I think you should get rid of him", Eddie managed to spit out.

"Oh, I'm afraid I can't do that. They have their daughter KT here", Mr. Sweet fixed his work space.

"They live in the gatehouse....right?" Eddie almost forgot what they were talking about.

"Yes, you should come over there with me this afternoon", Mr. Sweet had no clue what Eddie went through with Fabian.

"I'll think about it", Eddie was actually considering about going.

"Now off to class Edison. You don't want to be late do you?" Mr. Sweet got out of his seat.

"Nope, definitely not. But remember I'm Eddie! E.D.D.I.E" Eddie spelt out his name for his dad.

"Also Eddie. I need to speak with Nina and Joy", Mr. Sweet told Eddie.

"Why are you telling me?" Eddie questioned.

"I need you to get them both", Mr. Sweet said as if Eddie was the most stupidest person ever.

"Oh right. I'll get them now", Eddie stepped out of his office to get Nina and Joy.

He looked around the hallway and found Joy so he went to talk to her first.

"Hey Joy can I talk to you?" Eddie dragged Joy over to a corner.

"What is it? I have place to be", Joy was very stubborn.

"Sweetie wants to talk to you and Nina", Eddie pointed to the office with his thumb.

"I'm off to get Nina now. So you should go to my dad now", Eddie said before walking off to get Nina.

Eddie looked everywhere in the school and couldn't find Nina.

"Where is she?" Eddie asked himself staring around him.