All except my father were nodding their heads.
I looked up.

"I thought it was Nandini. But I was mistaken.... It was Mahanandan!"

The speed of the car slowed down.

"No dad, don't think of going back... We can't! Continue driving and I'll continue about the incident...."

"Is she okay right now?" Her mother broke into tears. She covered her face and started sobbing.

I felt helpless. So I thought that I'd rather continue.

"No, I doubt if she is okay.
As soon as she started walking towards me, her eyes made me realise that she was not in her senses. Hence, I asked all of you to move out of the fort.... If all of you would be there then he would hurt each and every one of us. It would be difficult for us to get out of the fort, alive. Maybe.... And if this would be so, then we could neither save Nandini or ourselves."

"What happened then?" Nandini's father asked.
He tried to be as calm as possible. It felt like he could break down at any moment. But he had to stand next to his wife to console her. She needed him badly.

Nandini's mother looked up to me as I continued to speak.

"I had to force him to move out of her body because she could hurt herself in any way. I succeeded. That's when I got to look at him!"

"You mean Mahanandan?" My mother's eyes widened.

I nodded.

I could not tell them the way Nandini hurt herself. I had to hide that. So I continued with his description...

"He was a six feet tall monster. Long, curly hair. Cuts and scars on his face.... And his eyes. He had only one of them. That too red... Blood red. Dressed up in royal silk he------"

The car took a massive jerk forwards and it stopped.

"What happened dad?"

"Could you please repeat his description?"

"You just heard that dad!" I sounded annoyed.....

"I saw him before!" Was all that he could manage to let out of his throat. He looked terribly scared.

"Did he have pointed shoes?" He asked.

"Yes!" I exclaimed shocked as hell.
"How do you know?"

"Didn't I tell you about the incident that took place with me when we were on our way to Bhangarh for the first time? There I was haunted by someone after that driver got killed?"

"Yes... Yes... Yes!!" I nodded furiously.

"He was wearing clothes made of silk. As he dragged me along with him and I tried to escape....when I was on the ground I noticed deep holes in it. It seemed like hundreds of pins were pierced in the ground. It was until I noticed his shoes."

I could get it. My father already had an encounter with Mahanandan. I gulped down a lump of bile down my throat.

He continued...."He was asking for his wife! Do you realise one thing? "

He spoke shifting his glance towards Nandini's father....

"The 'wife' that he meant was Nandini... He was asking for Nandini!"

He rubbed his palm on his forehead.

"I remember really well. He did not have an eye. One more thing.... "

We all listened to him patiently... Some sort of secret was coming out.

"When Nikhil was behaving abnormally after we called Mahanandan... He was speaking a peculiar language. When he followed me through the forest he spoke in the same language which I could partly understand!"