Chapter 8: A Damn Good Prize

Start from the beginning

Walking up the the door I put my hands in my front pockets awkwardly as I heard Paige and Chase yell at eachother. I’d gotten to know Paige when we were planning the Dominic thing, she’s crazy, but fun, and likes to irritate Chase, which I find hilarious.

I rung the doorbell, only to hear her excited squeal and announce it was me, then tell Dominic to get the door. I had to fight my jaw from dropping at the sight of Dominic, standing there shyly, the white shirt melted with his complexion and the vest and jeans stood out against the light colors of his shirt, skin, and golden hair. I scratched at the back of my neck awkwardly, realizing i’d been staring, but luckily, I wasn’t the only one, I noticed as Dominic’s eyes quickly ran over my body, checking me out.

“Hey, you ready to go?” I asked as I regained my confidence. He smiled softly as his eyes met mine, he nodded yes just as Paige jumped beside him,

“Nope! You need this, how else will you communicate?” she said as she handed him a small white board with a chain and clip on the corner, to clip it to the belt loop of his pants to not have to carry it, and dry erase marker with a matching clip and chain on the cap. He smiled and rolled his eyes as he hugged her then did some sign language.

“Yes, I do plan for everything, and your welcome.” she smiled before kissing his forehead, “And Blu, you hurt my Domi, and i’ll torture you so bad that death will become a sweet bliss of escape and you’ll be begging for the grim reaper to take you away, get it?” she turned to me and gave me a stern look.

“Got it Paige.” I said with a smile, though she was probably being serious, then held my hand out for Dominic. He took it shyly and stepped outside with me, Paige closed the door then yelled something about Chase eating her cookie. I chuckled as I led Dominic to my car,

“She’s a wild one eh?” I asked as I opened the passenger’s door and held it open for him, then ran around and got into the drivers seat.

‘Don’t I know it.’ he wrote on the board with a small grin as I started the car. I began driving down the road in the direction of our destination. ‘Where are we going?’ he showed me the question when I stopped at a red light.

“We’re going to the fair in town.” I replied as I began to drive again, looking over to see his reaction. His eyes widened and jaw dropped, then looked out the side window avoiding my gaze. Turning my attention back to the road we spent the rest of the way there like that.

As we came to a stop in the parking lot I looked over to see Dominic sitting with his hands in his lap and head hung low. I tapped his shoulder, making him jump slightly and look at me,

“You ok?” I asked, he nodded, trying to act like nothing was wrong, but could see fear and dread etched into his face. “Dominic, I can read you like an open book, whats wrong?” he sighed as he looked down, his head hung low again as he wrote on his board.

‘Don’t laugh at me, but i’m afraid of clowns.’ I looked up and furrowed my brows,

“Why would I laugh? Lots of people are afraid of clowns, even my cousin Nat, but don’t worry ok? If we run across any clowns there I’ll make sure they don’t bug us ok?” he smiled softly and blushed with a nod.

I got out, ran around the car, and opened the passenger door and helped Dominic out. Locking the car door as we walked away with the car remote thingy and led us to the entrance gate. I paid the woman in the booth, getting our bracelets to let us on the rides and food tickets. I felt Dominic lock hands with me as we walked by a group of girls.

“So what do you want to do first, games, rides, or food?” he smiled and shrugged,

‘How about some games then food? What do you think?’ he wrote on the board and I nodded,