“What does she mean by that anyways, I mean seriously just read it. ‘Chase Michaels is mine, always has been always will be’. With a heart at the end too, that’s a bit overkill don’t you think?”

“I know,” she groaned. “You seriously need to get yourself a Facebook so you two can go Facebook official on her ass.”

“I’m not allowed to, you know my dad’s rules,” I groaned.

“Who the hell cares what your dad says? Make one anyways, we need to fix this.”

I rolled my eyes at her and sighed “whatever Kayla,” before turning the laptop towards me, and logging out of her account. I quickly set one up, went through the confirmation process, and finished. “Now what?” I asked.

“Well first you stalk everyone in school and add them as friends,” she instructed.

“I don’t know how, you do it,” I said and gave her the laptop back. She rolled her eyes and rapidly started doing all kinds of things with the Facebook and after about five minutes she handed me back the laptop. Notifications poured in as people accepted the friend requests that Kayla sent to them. I went back to my profile and saw that on the side there was a little box that said ‘in a relationship’ but there was no person there.

“Wouldn’t it be more effective if there was actually a person there?” I asked Kayla.

“Well yeah, but Chase has to first accept your friend request and then you have to send him a relationship request and he has to approve it.”

“This seems like a lot more effort than it’s worth,” I groaned and shoved my face into a pillow.

“It’s worth it,” Kayla said. “Just imagine the embarrassment Victoria will feel when everyone sees he’s in a relationship with another girl.”

“I guess…but still, she’ll probably just say it was a joke and then make fun of everyone for overreacting. It’ll work too, because her ‘friends’ will just blindly follow her word and take her side.”

“Don’t be so pessimistic,” she scolded me and whacked me on the back of the head. “There’s more to life than Victoria and high school.”

“Well I’d rather not be miserable now and worry about the future later,” I said.

“You need to look ahead, think about it, everything that happens now could change the future, if you f*ck up now you could end up altering everything. You can see how seemingly small decisions in the past have effected the life you’re currently living.”

“Since when do you care about the future? Last I checked you lived in the moment,” I contradicted her.

“I understand more about the future than you do,” she replied, sticking her tongue out at me.

“Oh really, how so?”

“You’ll find out in the future. What now?” I narrowed my eyes at her before turning back to the screen.

“Look, Chase accepted the friend request,” I said to distract her from the previous conversation. When she didn’t respond right away, I looked over and saw her doing a little victory dance. “Kayla!”

“Oomph!” she cried as she thumped softly on the floor.

I closed my eyes and blew air out of my nose. “You did not just fall out of the bed.” I opened them to find her with her arms propped onto the bed.

She blew a piece of hair out of her face and said, “shut up” before she hopped back up next to me and looked intently at the screen. “Look he sent you the relationship request, now all you have to do is—”