11

Dean and Sam rushed over to Cas quickly. The poor angel looked like he was half dead.

Together they supported him and helped him to Dean's room. They put him down softly onto the bed and Dean got to work identifying his boyfriend's injuries while Sam got to work preparing water and everything else they would need to clean Cas up.

His (Cas') hair was tossled in a really messy way, it was as if someone had dragged him around by his hair again and again.
His poor face was bruised, his lip cut open, blood trickling down his chin and onto his neck.
His right eye was starting to turn a dull, dark purplish colour. It was swollen enough as it was and Dean could tell Cas was struggling to even open it. Not that when he did it remained open for long.
Everywhere else on his body though? It was a brutal disaster.. There was bruises all over him, some dark/light green, others a weird kind of blue but most of them were either red or purple.
The bruises, it seemed, were nothing compared to all the deep stabs on his arms, chest and stomach. Not to mention the deep whip marks on his legs and back.
He had been clearly tortured, almost certainly to death..

"Sick bastards.. they did this to you didn't they? Those freaking angels and God right? They hurt you this fucking badly Cas?" Dean questioned, anger steaming through his words.

Cas, however, said nothing. He lay there on his boyfriend's bed, staring up at the ceiling.

At the same time a tear rolled down his cheek, he nodded.
Dean's heart broke when he saw him cry like that - just like it always did and would.
He hated seeing the man he loved so much pain.

"Look Cas, Cas look at me - " he paused to turn Cas' head to the right. He slid his hand in between Cas' and then continued;
"Look Cas I'm right here okay? And nothing else is going to happen to you, you hear? You're going to be fine!" Dean tried to assure Cas but Cas shook his head slowly, tears streaming down both cheeks.
Dean wiped them with his finger.

"Hey hey stop that Cas shh you don't need to cry alright? You're going to be okay."

Cas squeezed Dean's hand weakly, as strong as he possibly could at that moment and nodded slightly. He seemed to be unable to talk just yet but Dean didn't mind.. he'd been through enough as it was.
So what if he didn't talk just yet? The guy needed time and Dean of course would be able to accept that and give him the space he needs.

By the time Sam came back with ice, water and disinfect Cas was quietly sleeping and Dean had his back to the door, still holding Cas' weak hand but sobbing.

Sam walked over to Dean, careful not to wake Cas.

"Dean? Are you.. are you okay?" Sam whispered.

Dean wiped his tears before facing Sam, in an effort to try and fool his brother that he wasn't really crying. Of course this time it wouldn't work.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine Sammy, just happy he's back y'know?"

Sam nodded his head, pretending to believe him. He'd been through alot already - Sam didn't want to take this moment away from him.

He cleared his throat before saying "Right eh I think we should start cleaning him up right?"

"But Sam he's asleep."

"Yes Dean.. I can see that -" he smiled, "But his injuries might get worse if we leave them."

Dean caved in, nodding slightly.

So the two brothers got to work on Cas. Eventually, when they started pouring disinfect on his cuts he woke up howling in pain. Dean tried to shush him and convince him it was okay so he settled down as much as he could - for him. Occasionally though there was a few screams here and there when they sorted out the deepest cuts but even Dean couldn't calm him down for those.

When they were finally done, Sam patted him on the shoulder and asked how he was.
Cas, in reply, stared deeply into Sam's eyes until he made him aware of the amount of pain he was currently in and nodded.

Cas continued to say nothing.

"Alright Cas we'll ... We'll leave you to get some rest okay? Just call out if you need anything" Sam finally said after the moment of silence.
He ushered Dean out of the door and shut it quietly behind him.

"Poor Cas" he whisperd to Dean as they made their way downstairs.

"Those son of a bitch fucking angels."

"They did that to him?"

"No Sam he did it to himself" he shot back sarcastically.
"Of course they did that to him! Who else? And now? Now they're going to pay.. they can't get away with this!"

"What are you going to do? I doubt they're going to cross paths with us anytime time soon. They're not stupid. And it's not like we can exactly fly up to heaven anytime we want."

"I know, I know but we'll think of something. We have to... for Cas."

"For Cas" Sam agreed.