6

Sam couldn't fall asleep for hours.
Maddie watching him so intensely made him a little uncomfortable and the fire burning around him made him feel a something more than hot.

When he eventually did fall asleep, he had an awful nightmare that felt too real. In it, he dreamt that Dean woke up burning on the ceiling like his Mother did when he was a baby and that Cas woke up to blood dripping on his face. It was similiar to what happened to him when Jessica died only when this happened, Cas didnt get out of the burning apartment.. he chose to burn with it, as a promise to stay with Dean forever.
Sam woke up sweating and panting like a dog. Maddie merely laughed at him.

"Had a bad dream Sammy?" she asked, cackling a little, making it clear that she didn't really care.

Sam tried to ignore her but she kept chattering away to him; jeering, mocking him, bringing back painful memories. She knew he was being forced to listen even though he didn't want to so she thought it was another perfect way to torture him.

Dean woke up to Cas singing sweetly as he cracked an egg over the pan that was lying on the stove.

He watched him as he moved swiftly, mixing something in a bowl, boiling the kettle, getting some bacon going. He sure as hell knew the right way to treat his boyfriend.

He was always the one who woke up first. No matter how early Dean had to get up for a hunt or how late they had stayed up the night before, or how drunk he was; Cas always found a way to wake up before him. Dean put this down to being one of his "angel things" and tried not to think about it too much.
An advantage of Cas waking up so early was that breakfast was usually always ready by the time Dean had gotten up.

Dean couldn't help a big grin forming on his face as he watched Cas. He was dancing now as he flipped the egg around. Dancing to his own little version of a 'Take That' song.

Still dancing, he turned himself around only to find Dean propped up against his pillow, watching him. He laughed coyly.

"How long have you been watching me Dean?" he asked, unable to stop himself from smiling.

"Oh not too long! You know me, always like to watch my Cassy dancing and singing" Dean joked.

He grabbed the duvet with his right hand and practically leapt out of bed. Cas was left marvelled, giggling nervously.

"Careful there Dean. Where's the fire?"

Dean stretched out his arms and yawned. It felt so early but when he consulted his watch he found it had only gone past eleven.

He took his face cloth and body towel along with some of his shower gel. Gathering them all together in a neat little heap, Dean balanced them carefully in his right hand. He walked over to Cas and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"There's no fire I know but God are you looking so hot this morning Cas. No visible signs of a hangover either I see?"

"Oh go away with you Dean! Always flirting with me! You just can't keep yourself anyway can you?" Cas joked.

"No. I can't, can I? Nor would I want to either Cas! I am in love with you.. and I don't see that ever changing, or why I should hide it Castiel Novak!"

Cas felt like Dean had opened up his heart to him yet again.
He left the cooking for a second and brought Dean into an embrace, squashing all his showering equipment in the hug. He pulled Dean out at arm's length and told him how he felt back. How deeply and madly he felt for him and how he never wanted to be apart from him.

Dean's smile stretched from ear to ear as he went into the shower in such a nice mood. The water felt numb on his skin. The only thing he could feel was Cas' love all over him. As if he had been washed all over with it. It felt good. No, he felt pretty damn awesome.