8. Love Is A Killer

Love Is a Killer

The pixie's hands were all over Aden in the darkness of the club. She grabbed his hand, her black lips smiling up at him wickedly. Her silver eyes winked at him before she dragged him through the Worlders, dancing on the dance-floor to the dubstep pounding throughout the club. The door of the cupboard slammed behind him and the pixie yanked him against her tiny body. They stumbled and he slammed against her, shoving her hard into the wall. She giggled and reached up, running her fingers deep into the hair at the back of his head, slamming their mouths together. Topaz's voice rung in his ears as his nails clawed the wall at either side of the pixie. He hadn't realised how seductive the small creatures could be. Topaz's voice whispered to him as the Pixie's tongue ran across his teeth, the only distraction male patrollers can play on is their sex appeal. Most Worlders are attractive; it's the immortal gene inside them that keeps them youthful and striking... Okay, so maybe Topaz had been talking about maiming Rogues, but Aden played his sexuality and attraction to his own advantages. "Wouldn't your boyfriend disapprove of this...?" Aden mumbled against the pixie's lips, raking his mind for her name. Why couldn't he remember her name? "Oh I don't have a boyfriend." The pixie giggled. "What?" Aden bit his lip and looked the pixie very slowly up and down. She blushed and dug her nails into his shoulders. "Tell me," Aden sighed, pulling back as the pixie tried to kiss him again. "Why a pixie as stunning as you are, doesn't have a boyfriend?" The pixie smirked. "We're not allowed them in the coven." Aden frowned and raised an eyebrow. "You don't belong to a coven, surely? Where those rules about no-boyfriends are mandatory?" He scoffed. He was being sarcastic but the pixie certainly didn't seem to comprehend. "Yeah Jemmy's a real cow." Aden frowned. "Who's that?" The pixie's eyes were glazed as she looked over his shoulder, thinking of the person she seemed to loathe. "Jemmy's the head of our coven. It's made up of mostly witches, but they need us pixies for our dust so they can fly like the Lighters."

"What?" The pixie looked up at Aden in shock. "There's no way a sexy young pixie like you has any dust at all." She giggled and he kissed her again, sweetening her up for more information. He needed to know if this 'Jemmy' was the witch he was after. He'd been following this pixie all day, traced her after a witch meeting was held in an abandoned underground train station near Wales. He found it odd that a pixie was at a coven meeting, so he'd followed her. Seen her speaking with a lot more witches throughout the day, the tattoo of the witches marked on the back of her neck, primarily hidden by a silk scarf. She'd removed that item of clothing as she'd entered the club. It was like a symbol warding everyone from her. They approached her to speak, but as soon as they noticed the witch mark, they'd turned their backs and walked off. But not Aden, oh no. And that's why the pixie was so attracted to him. Because he'd been the only guy man enough to approach her despite having the witch's trace. He didn't care. He just needed information. The pixie's groan was swallowed up in his mouth before the shrill ring tone of his mobile phone in his back pocket made them both jump. "Don't answer it." Her seductive voice whispered against his ear. He frowned as he pulled the phone from his pocket and answered it. "Hello?"

"Aden? Thank the Angel you answered!"

"Alice? What's wrong?" The pixie frowned at the mention of a girl, with a name beginning with 'A'. Of all things, why had Aden said her name?! He slowly positioned himself in front of the door. There's no way this pixie was making a move without him. "It's Topaz, you've got to come back to the hotel immediately, she's in a really bad way Aden, you've got to hurry!"

"What?! Alice, what happened to her?!" Aden's heart plummeted into his stomach and bile rose in the back of his throat. Topaz... She was... Hurt. "She was attacked by a gang. We don't know who and we don't know why but you've got to come back now. Aden... Hurry... She could die."