Chapter Nineteen // Goodbye my Friend

A few hours later, I sat on the sofa with Oli at my feet. He was thinking intently. "It's only going to be a matter of time before they come for me right?" He asked looking up.

"Marcus and Alfie will give your name, so yes." I said quietly. I felt for him. "What did you actually say to the police?"

"I told them that I knew who killed Gabbie. I told them where to find a He looked down. "Caspar will be arrested too, but he won't be charged. He didn't do anything."

I sighed. "Nor did you, but you both prevented the cause of justice. You could both get time for that."

Oli buried his head in his hands. "I've messed up." I wasn't going to sugar coat anything. He had big time. I couldn't reassure him everything was going to be okay because I didn't know. I wish they'd gone to the police when they first knew about it.

We were both disturbed from our thoughts when I heard a knock at the door. Oli looked at me with horror in his eyes. "Oli... You need to get this over and done with." I stated taking his hand.

He took a deep breath and nodded as I made my way over to the door leaving him to get up.

I opened the door to find DC Williams. "Miss Jones?" She stated then to look behind me to see Oli. "May I come in?"

I nodded and let her in. Oli still stood with horror in his eyes. "We need to sit down Miss  Jones."

I lead her over to my sofa. "Would you like a cup of tea or coffee?" I asked her. I wasn't surprised to see her. Both me and Oli knew what was coming.

"Miss Jones, l have some terrible news." Oli looked confused as my thoughts instantly went to Joe. Was he okay? Is he hurt? "Caspar Lee, your friend, has been found dead."

My heart stopped. The room went blurry. Oli's face fell. Oli had promised me he was going to be okay. We shouldn't of left without him.

"I'm so sorry." She added on.

"This is all your fault Oli." I said under my breath. I didn't care if she heard me. If he hadn't of done that. If he had just let us go, and then called the police.

"Miss Jones? What do you mean by that?" At that moment, Oli just ran. I didn't care. He didn't care about Caspar. He knew what Marcus and Alfie were capable of and he could of stopped it.

DC Willams said something into her radio that I didn't understand and rushed to the door. I could see from where I was standing Oli being held by two police officers. He was struggling the exact same way Joe was. Memories of that day a few weeks ago came flooding back.

She came back over to me and sat me down.  "Hannah, what do you mean by that."

I took a deep breath and just blurted it out. "Me and Caspar were kidnapped. It was Oli who gave the tip off. Oli got me out, but we left Caspar behind. I didn't want too. I wanted him to come with us, but he..."

"Calm down, talk slower..." She said calmly. "Why did Oli do it himself? If he knew where you were, why didn't he call us?"

I swallowed "because he's was one of them."
I closed my eyes and carried on. "He said he was in it to protect me. The only reason he was in it. He told me he could get me out, Caspar be okay and get Joe out of prison. We had a deal. Later on he told me it was all an act on his part."

"And you believe him?" She stated at me looking confused.

"Yeah... Because I had nothing else to believe. He got me out, but Caspar isn't okay and Joe defiantly isn't out of prison." I looked at my feet. I'd never felt pain like it. Another of my best friends was dead.

"Hannah, could you tell me who kidnapped you?" I nodded. "Could you tell me?"

"Alfie Deyes and Marcus Butler." At that point, I just cried. I wanted this to be over. I wanted Caspar back, Joe to be here, Oli to admit he did wrong. I wanted Gabbie more than anyone. She would know what to do, how to cheer me up. I miss her so much.

DC Williams said something into her radio and then patted my knee. "You're doing really well."

"I don't feel like I am. My boyfriend is in prison for my best friends murder. His best friend has just been murdered by his sisters boyfriend. You couldn't write this. It feels like a very intense episode of Eastenders." I looked at her. "Please tell me they've been caught. I don't want to be on my own with them on the loose."

"We're looking for them. They're the UK's most wanted. Unfortunately, At the moment,
There is nothing we can do but wait. I don't know how long it'll take."