Chapter Fourteen // Who Is In Control?

"So after you and Gabbie left, we just went to the fair. You know, general stuff." Alfie added. "Caspar pulled. Quite a pretty girl you know."

I looked over at Caspar who was just looking down at his feet.  "So, how does Caspar fit into this?" I didn't understand. If he wasn't there, how?

"We'll get to that!" Snapped Alfie. My eyes shot back to his face. His eyes had gone cold and dark. "Joe was worried about you so we went to where you'd say you'd be and you weren't there." My heart sank. If I had stayed none of this might not have happened. "Joe just ran off. I presumed he was looking for you so we decided to help. See we're not all heartless." He grinned that evil grin.

"We split up," he carried on, "I searched for about an hour until I found Gabbie on the outskirts of the park." My face fell to my feet.

I looked up at Oli who was just staring at the back wall. How did Oli get himself involved with all of this? My sweet friend. He would never ever hurt a fly. I shot a glance at Marcus who was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. I saw nothing but demons in all three of them. I wanted to bawl but I had no more tears.

Alfie looked at Marcus who nodded. My eyes focused on Marcus who came over and crouched before me. He put his hand on my knee. "Don't you dear touch me!" I screamed at him. His hand didn't move.

"Do you want to know what happened next?"  He asked in a calm manner. I looked at the ceiling and nodded.

"Gabbie and I," he cleared his throat, "had a fling." I stared in disbelief. My eyebrows furrowed together. "She threatened to tell Niomi when I said we couldn't do this anymore, so it was the only option."

"No! No! Stop lying!" I looked him dead in the eyes. Suddenly all my fears had shrunk. I wasn't scared of these demons anymore.

"He's not." Said Caspar. "It's true."

My mind went back to when Gabbie said she was going to tell me something. Was this it?

"But you and Niomi broke up a few months back anyway? So what changed?" I questioned Marcus.

"She found out." He said staring at his feet. I saw some pain in his eyes and I emphasised with him, soon to be bought back to reality.

"So what happened to Gabbie?" I said in a timid voice.

Alfie took over. "She didn't realise I was there. She was just sitting there overlooking the city. I went in my pocket and pulled out a knife."

My breathing stopped. "So this was planned?" I cut him off.

"Let me finish!" He stormed. "I walked up to her ever so quietly and just put it into her." His eyes were still black. "She didn't make a sound. My best friend wasn't about to loose his girlfriend because of a slut."

My eyes widened. "What?" He nodded looking pleased with himself.

"Oli, how do you fit into all of this?"

Alfie answered for him. "I'm helping a brother out. He was heartbroken when you and Joe got together. If Joe was out of the picture..." Alfie smirked at me, "also setting Joe up was easy. He didn't have an alibi in the hour between leaving us and finding you. Winner for both. Me and Marcus would get away scotfree."

"And Caspar?" I looked over at him, his tears threatening to spill.

"I walked in on them talking about it." He looked at me, "you have to believe me when I say I was only in this to protect you."

"You won't get away with this." I stared Alfie right in the face. "I'll make sure if it."

He came close so he was inches away from me. "Oh really?" He smiled, "well, who's in control?"