Chapter One

I looked at Joe in the drivers seat of his grey Audi TT. Wind in his brown hair, sunglasses covering his sea blue eyes, singing his heart out too Foo Fighters. What was wrong with this picture? Then again, what's right when Joe starts singing in an out of tune manor?

He took my hand and I giggled as he started singing the chorus of "Best of You". It's times like this where I cherish him. Every feature of his face shone on by the sun that day. He looked beautiful.

Somewhere in my dreamy staring and admiring his beautifulness, we arrived at our destination, a little Coffee Shop on the North Norfolk coast. He knows I love it here. I grew up here. Here is my happy place. By the sea is my happy place.

He came round and opened the door for me. Forever a gentleman was my Joe. I got up and pecked him on the lips and his mouth formed a smile.

"So babe, tea?" He asked. He didn't even need to ask. He knew exactly what I like.

I nodded "Thank you."

We walked hand in hand into the Coffee Shop and took a seat in our favourite spot next to the window. Joe went up to get our drinks while I started playing on my phone. I don't know why I did that, I get no signal. I put my phone away and stared out the window to the sea. It was so calm. Flickers of silver with every wave against the suns rays. I felt calm, I felt happy and I felt so content. Until I met Joe, I had only ever felt that here.

I got out a notebook and started writing notes for a new song. Everything came so naturally. Before I knew it, Joe was back with my tea and his Cafe Latte and he sat opposite me. He looked at the notes I was writing and I quickly withdrew them from his glance.

"About me is it?" He smirked in the way he always does. I blushed.

"No, it's just..."

"A song?" He cut me off "It's okay if it's about me, I'd write a song about you too if I could." His cheeky smile lit up the room.

I put my notebook back in my bag and took a sip of tea. We sat there, without talking, but just admiring each other and enjoying the company.

I was broken out of my trance when Joe kicked me under the table playfully. "I think I finally understand why you like it here." He smiled.

"Yeah?" I grinned.

"Yeah," he exclaimed as he took my hand "plus if it makes you happy, I'm happy." Joe turned his head so his perfectly sculptured face looked out of the window. "Want to go to the beach?" He said eyebrows raised.

I smiled and nodded as he pulled me up off my seat and into an embrace and kissed my forehead.

We walked out of the Coffee Shop when the burning question that he hated being asked popped into my head. "Can I drive?" I asked sheepishly. Joe glared at me. The glare where I know what the answer is and how annoyed he is by me asking. I hold my hands up before I open the car door in defeat. "I'll take that as a no."

"It's not that I don't trust you..."

"But the car is your baby, I know, I know." I laughed as I said it, "But I let you drive mine!"

"That's because you can't be bothered to drive most of the time and your car is so much easier to get into smaller parking spaces!" He almost shouted.

I smirked at him as he kissed me again. I broke off the kiss and then asked the second burning question. "Can I at least pick what we listen too then?" I smiled sweetly. He let me win that one.

As Joe pulled off I plugged in my phone and scroll through my playlists as a song popped into my head. I quick searched for it and soon the introduction was filling our ears with electro beats. Joe rolled his eyes because he knew what was coming.

"Do you remember the taste of my lips the night I stole a bit of my mothers perfume?" I sang at Joe while he was trying not to smile and shaking his head. "Because I remember the night my father put a whole through the wall that separated the dining room." I smiled because I knew how he secretly loved it. I carried on singing into the second verse where I added self fitted lyrics. "Could you imagine the taste of your lips if we'd never tried to kiss on the drive to your house because I remember the weight of your ribs when you lied between my hips in the backseat". At that point, he smiled and took my hand. That was all I wanted.

In that moment, I must of have a small miracle of signal because I got an email though with the subject of "You should know". I tried to open it but I lost signal again. I put it to the back of my mind and thought I'd read it later, but the subject kept on bugging me.