Chapter Sixteen // All This Bad Blood

"I spy with my little eye something beginning with W" I rolled my eyes at Caspar. The fact that we were somewhere unknown to us and probably the fact we had been kidnapped by so called "mates" didn't stop him from trying to pass the time to our inevitable deaths.

"Wall." I said bluntly.

"You're too good at this." He winked. He forced a smile out of me.

"Caspar, I need to ask you something." He looked up at me and nodded. "How long has this been planned for?"

"A few months. Since about Christmas, at least that's when I walked in on them talking about it." He looked down at his lap. He looked deeply sorry. "They said I was in or dead." My heart went out to him.

"You didn't have to do this Casp."

"I did," he began welling up, "if I was dead, they would hurt you. If I was alive, I can at least try to protect you both. I did for as long as I could." I put my hand on his knee. "If you blame me, I understand."

"No ones blaming you. I'm not. You're such a good friend to Joe. He thinks the world of you. He would do anything for you. He knows you'd never try to hurt us." I sighed. "Thank you for trying to protect us from this."

Caspar got up. He was frustrated. We were both frustrated, I was just better at hiding it.

"We need to find a way out." He said hitting walls.

"We don't even know where we are Caspar!" I protested. "Even if we got out..."

"We would be safer than we are now." He had a point. I got up and made my way over to a boarded up window and tried to peek though. I can't make anything out but a few trees.

"Why did the arseholes have to drug us?!" Caspar screamed.

"Because they know we wouldn't go without a fight." I sighed. "I still can't believe him. He is suppose to be a good friend..."

"They're all suppose to be good friends!" Caspar exclaimed. "They weren't suppose to hurt any of us. Gabbie, me, you and Joe."

"It's not even like Joe and Alfie had bad blood, Joe and Marcus, only Joe and Oli and it was unbeknown to Joe." Caspar put his head in his hands. "What is Joe going to say? One of his best mates got him locked up for something he didn't do because he was jealous?"

"You heard them, Joe was an easy target because he was unaccountable for an hour. If I didn't run off, none of this would of happened." I looked at Caspar. He was crying. I got up and put my arms around him. At that moment, we heard the lock go in the door and in walked Oli. He looked tired. His brown hair flat and his eyes dark.

"Caspar?" He summoned. Caspar walked towards Oli as he took him out of the room and I was left on my own for the first time.

I crouched down on the floor and All emotions came in waves. First sadness, followed by anger. How could our friends do this to me, to us? I wondered if Joe knew we were missing. If he had been lied too? I craved for him.

I looked around the dark and dingy room. It was small. Too small. I heard some shouts coming from the door. Thumps and crashes. I got up from the floor and ran over to the door. I tried to turn the door knob but again, locked. I peeked through the keyhole to see Caspar being pinned up against a wall by Marcus.

"Caspar!" I shouted banging on the door. Marcus's eyes shot over to the door. "Leave him! Please!" I begged.

Suddenly there was something blocking my view. I started hitting the door more violently.   It pushed open, knocking me back to reveal Oli. He stepped in and locked the door again.

I wasn't scared, but his face told me I should be.