Chapter Thirteen // Memories

"So, that night," My eyes followed Alfie's mouth closely, "such a great night wasn't it?"

"No, not really." I whispered.

"Shame you think that. It was fun."

My own memories of that night came flooding back. Gabbie and I had decided to leave the boys at the local festival in the park to do what ever they wanted to do. Joe kissed me.

"If you need me, ring me." He said sternly holding me close.

"Yeah yeah yeah," I giggled nuzzling into him. "We're only going to watch the bands play." I smiled up at him. "What's the worst that could happen?"

"Well, you might fall in love with a swoony guitarist..."

I hit him in the arm. "Joe!" I wined, "you're the only swoony man I need."

He smirked and kissed me on my forehead before we parted ways. Gabbie grabbed my arm and linked with me while we walked to the stage area.

"You two are both disgusting," she giggled, "it's beautiful!"

I smiled at her. "Well thank you!" I said.

"So when you get married, obviously I'm the maid of honour, so I get to plan your hen do."  I rolled my eyes at her as she told me about the plans.

"Gabbie, we've only been together little under a year!" I exclaimed. "We've got a lot to get through before we hit that stage."

She seemed to ignore me, "plus if you have any daughters, she will be called Gabriella after yours truly." I rolled my eyes again and smiled.

We made it to the stage area and stood at the back. Gabbie pulled a bottle of vodka out of her bag. "GABBIE!" I said in shock, then laughed. "What the hell? Let's do it."

We spent the next three hours getting absolutely hammered and dancing around to music. We giggled and talked about life. Mostly about Joe. She didn't mind though, she totally understood I was infatuated by him.

Gabbie looked at me intently. "He's so lucky to have you. If he ever hurts you, I'll kill him." I giggled and looked down. "Look, I need to tell you something, but I need another drink first."

"It's that bad?" I asked concerned.

She looked sad and then smiled. "Well, maybe. What do you want?"

"Surprise me!" I said laughing.

She got up and walked off and little did I know that was the last time I saw her. I waited and waited. I called her endless times  with no answer. I was starting to panic so I called Joe with the same outcome.

I collected mine and Gabbie's items and stood up. I soon started to sober up when I couldn't find anyone I knew. I walked to a quiet part of the park and collapsed. My head was spinning and I couldn't breathe. I don't know how long I sat there unable to sense anything around me when I heard my name being called.

"Hannah!" It was Joe. A surge of relief flooded my body. "Oh my god." He got on his knees beside me and cupped my tear stained face. I into his own watery blue eyes.

"Joe." I sobbed. He took his jacket off and put it around me and cuddled me.

"It's okay," he said calmly, "I'm here now. Where's Gabbie?"

"I don't know," I said through sniffs, "she went to get drinks, but never came back."

He saw the worry on my face. "Let's get you home." He said as he wrapped his arms around me and headed to the car.

"Where are the boys?" I questioned on the drive home. Joe's eyes carried on concentrating on the road.

"I don't actually know." He sighed. "Caspar got really distracted by a girl though I do presume he's in a bed somewhere." I couldn't help but smile a bit.

"Alfie, Marcus and Oli where helping me look for you. I'm glad I found you first though." His hand intertwined into mine.

"I hope they find Gabbie okay." I lay my head back on the headrest and closed my eyes.