Chapter Eleven // Everything Is Blue

I sat on Joe's side of the bed and opened his bedside table. In the corner was a box. I pulled it out and played with the blue package. How long had he been planning this? I smiled to myself thinking about the day he asks me properly in my head. I wonder what he has planned?

I was bought back to reality when there was a slight knock on the door. Oli peeked his head around.

"Hey." He smiled.

"Hey," you smiled back at him patting the space on the bed next to you. You played with the box in your hands. "Did you know anything about this?"

"Maybe a little," Oli said. "He mentioned that he was going to speak to your parents about it." Oli scratched his head.

"What's wrong?" I ask. He hasn't seemed right since we left Joe.

"Nothing." I have him one of my looks. He looked sad.

"You can't fool me Oliver."

He looked at you, "You can do so much better than Joe."

My heart stopped. "Excuse me?" I said shocked.

"Joe doesn't know what he's got with you. He doesn't appreciate how amazing you are." He looked down at his feet.

I was absolutely speechless. I got up and walked into my bathroom and locked the door behind me. I sunk down to the bottom of the door. I heard Oli do the same on the other side. We sat in silence for five or so minutes.

"Hannah, I'm sorry." He began.

"Don't even start! I know you're only looking out for me but we're not sixteen anymore. This isn't a stupid little relationship like they use to be. You don't have to try and protect me anymore. It's not your job now." My eyes filled with tears.

"The times you've come crying to me over him. The time he didn't tell you where he was going. He always leaves you to go on holiday with his mates."

"And that's none of your business, it's none of your business what me and Joe do. If Joe didn't think I was okay with him going on holiday without me, do you think he'd go? And all those things happened when we first got together. We both did stupid things and we sorted it." I was so angry at Oli! Who the hell was he to tell me what to do! "Oli, why are you trying to break us up?"

There was no reply. I held the top of my nose and let out a long breath. I heard gentle sobs from the other side of the door.

I got up and unlocked the door and walked out. Before I knew it I had a hand over my mouth and eyes. I tried to scream, but nothing came out.