Chapter Two

Joe pulled into the holiday cottages drive way just as the heavens opened. Something about the rain calms me so much. Joe took my hand. "Maybe we should wait until it slows?" He asked.

I looked into the horizon at the tumbling grey clouds. "It looks like it's not stopping anytime soon." I played with his fingers in mine. He traced the outline of a scar on my right hand I got when I was 14 from falling on broken glass.

"Thank you for this week Joe", I looked up at him, "I have needed this so much."

"I think we both needed it." He sighed. "I only want you to be happy." I nodded and looked down at my feet. I know exactly what I put him though everyday. Everyday I wonder why is he still with me. His hands draw my face back up to his level. "Don't." He simply just said as he wiped the single tear from my eye. I managed a smile and he pulled me into him. I had never felt so safe and secure. Maybe this place wasn't my safe haven, maybe it was just Joe.

Soon enough the rain slowed and we were able to make it to the front door without looking like we'd been through a car wash ten times. We stepped inside and the warm air hit me immediately as I took my slightly soggy converse off. Joe wrapped his arms around my waist and exclaimed the fact he was really really hungry.

"What do you feel like?" I asked.

He thought for a moment and headed to the fridge in the kitchen. I followed as he scrambled through. He looked up at me. "Leave!" He said abruptly. "It's a secret!"

I smiled and turned into the lounge. I laid myself on the sofa and turned on the TV and flicked through the channels. Pointless, Eggheads, Jeremy Kyle, The Simpsons, but nothing took my fancy. Instead, I picked up my phone, put my headphones on and started to listen too Ryan Adams cover of Wonderwall. I looked at the pictures of Joe I had took previously that day. I stroked his perfect pixelated face and whispered the lyrics.

"I said maybe you're gonna be the one that saves me and after all you're my Wonderwall..."

I lay there staring at him. How did I get Joe Sugg. I'm way out of his league. I'm punching well above my weight. Why was he with someone who felt the way they did. Somewhere in my train of thought I drifted off to sleep...

An hour later, Joe came to my side and shook me gently. "Wake up sleepy head," he said gently as he kissed my cheek. I groaned as I rose from my apparently well needed nap and looked at him.

"What time is it?" I asked sleepily as I removed my headphones.

"Seven pm, and dinner is ready." He said into my ear. I stretched and proceeded to get off the red sofa. Once I was up, he took me in his arms and kissed me more deeply than any other time today. My hands found his slightly overgrown hair and tangled themselves in it while his fingers traced the outline of my spine.

I pulled away from him, "So, to the more important subject, what's for dinner?". He smirked and took my hand.

He lead me straight past the kitchen and the dining room up the stairs. He must of saw the confused look on my face because he reassured me it was fine. As we headed to our shared bedroom, I saw a table by the doors onto the balcony.

"If was still a bit wet outside but you can see the sunset. So I thought here would be fine..." He looked down, probably thinking I'd tell him off for eating in the bedroom, like I do at home.

"I love it!" I said with a huge grin. His face lit up. He lead me to the table, which was covered in fairy lights and a few candles. He had made my favourite meal, chilli con carne, and also had found a bottle of red wine. We sat there watching the horizon, reminiscing about good times.

Before we knew it, we'd had the whole bottle and became really giggly. I placed my head on his shoulder as we watched the last of the days sun disappear behind the sea. My hands interlinked with Joe's, I thought him up to my face and kissed his hand.

"Everything about today has been perfect." I said quietly.

He kissed me on the head. "My pleasure."

I went to get up but he stopped me. "Where are you going?" He asked.

I looked at my empty wine glass, "to get more..."

"No." He said sternly. "I've already let you have too much." I sighed. He was right. Alcohol and my medication didn't exactly go hand in hand. He looked at me, "Do you want a juice or something?" I nodded as he walked off.

Just at that moment, my phone binged and I was bought back to reality. The email I had received earlier came back to my memory.

I took out my phone and ignored my 4 other notifications to go to my emails. The subject "You Should Know" sent shivers down my spine. I didn't understand why, it was probably just spam, but nothing could of prepared me for what I read next.