Chapter Seven // He Should Know

Suddenly I came too. Caspar hovering over me eyes wide with fear.

"What the actual Hannah!" He yelled at me, "what were you thinking?!"

I closed my eyes and groaned. I didn't want or need this. My head rolled on the cold tile floor as I coughed and spluttered. 

"I'm sorry", I said between coughs. "I just..."

Caspar looked at me concerned. "You're not well." I rolled my eyes slightly. Only Joe understood why I was like this. He's the one who found me that night. He was the one who looked after me. He was the one who made me feel safe.
My

"Please leave." I asked him. He looked at me in shock.

"I'm not leaving you. Do you honestly think I would after your little stunt just then." I couldn't look him in the eyes. "What would Joe say?"

"Joe doesn't have to know." I said quietly.

"He should know. You should know." His words pricked in my ears.

My mind raced back to the email I'd received the day before. The words that came out of his mouth mirroring the words from the email. Did Caspar know? My mind went fuzzy and I tried to get up.

"Please let me go Caspar," I said trying to get away from him.

"Hannah?" He looked at me concerned. "Are you..."

"Leave me!" I shouted through tears. "It was you! It was all you!" Caspar looked confused.

"What was me?" He asked.

"You! You know! You're the reason Joe has been arrested!" I sobbed. My hands covering my face. I was so sure.

Caspar knelt in front of me inches away from my face and pulled my hands away. "What have I done?"

All I did was sob and sob. It wasn't Caspar. It couldn't have been Caspar. Caspar wasn't capable of such things. My mind was just trying to make any explanation up. He helped me up to my feet and passed me one of Joe's hoodies and track bottoms and left the room.

I got out of my sodden clothes and into Joe's. The familiar feeling of warmth and love surrounded me. I felt safe, it was only a hoody but I felt so safe.

I made my way back into my bedroom and got into Joe's side of the bed. His pillow still smelt of him slightly. I cuddled up to it as Caspar walked in with some painkillers and water.

"I'm sorry," I apologised to Caspar.

He gave me a reassuring pat on my knee as he turned to walk out. He soon spun round again. Caspar went to his pocket and pulled out his phone. "Hannah," he began, "did you relieve an anonymous email?"