The babies are coming

Chapter 20  The babies are coming

Ava's POV

I just put Savannah to bed and Matt's at work, so I decide to take a relaxing bath. It's the beginning of April and the babies are due in 3 weeks. I'm so ready to meet my little ones. I make the bath just like I like it then get in, it's so relaxing just laying there then all of a sudden I get a pain in my belly even though it was a little stronger than my usual braxton hicks contractions I don't think anything of, I've been getting them a lot.

I get out of the bath when I start to get a little bit overheated, then I have another pain in my belly. These fake contractions are so annoying I complain to myself but I pull myself together and change into my sleep clothes.

About an hour later it's 10:30pm I've been having pains every 4 to 5 minutes, I'm starting to think I'm in labor I'll just keep an eye on it, if it keeps up I'll call the doctor to see what he thinks. I get up off the couch to head to bed and I feel a gush fluid come out of me, did I just pee myself, no that's way to much fluid I think my water broke!

I quickly grab my cell and call Matt he doesn't answer so I call the bar and he's the one who answers.

"Hello Taylor's Restaurant and Bar how can I help you" He says

"Hun it's me Ava, my water broke I'm in labor hurry home please" I say not very calmly.

"Are you serious babe" he says

"Yes, I'll call Rachel to come watch Savannah" I reply

"Okay I'll be right there I love you"

"I love you too drive safely"

Matt POV

Ava is in labor everyone I have to go I yell to my staff.

"Pete can you lock up?" I ask

"Yea dude congrats now go" He replies

I go to my office and grab my keys then head to the car. I'm driving home fast but not to fast, I can't believe my boys are coming I'm so excited. I get home and run in the door, crap did I turn the car off ah who cares.

"Ava where are you?" I say not being able to find her

"Over here" she says leaning over the kitchen table in pain.

"Are you ok?" I ask concerned

"No my contractions are 2 to 3 minutes apart and they are very painful, I called Dr. Hamilton and he said we need to get to the hospital as soon as possible" She says through the pain.

"Okay babe" I say rubbing her back

"I'm here" Rachel yells coming through the front door.

"Thank God" Ava says

"Matt you know your car is running?" Rachel says

"Yea I was in hurry to get in the house" I say laughing

I help Ava to the car while Rachel carries Ava's overnight bag following us. I help Ava into the front seat and buckle her seat belt.

"Bye guys good luck, I can't wait to meet my nephews." Rachel says excitedly then giving us hug.

The drive to the hospital seems like it took forever, but it was only a ten minute drive.

"Are you okay to walk babe or do you need me to pull up to the entrance?" I ask wanting Ava to be comfortable.

"I'm okay to walk" She huffs

I park then help her to labor and delivery. The nurses put Ava in her room then give her a quick ultrasound to check the positions of the boys, they also hook her up to all the machines and an IV drip.